Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 14 1 2 11 12 13 14
hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

Quote:

Gbdawgs, Bomber,
Why aren't any Riverside girls listed on the all star game nominations. The site says the nominations are closed now for one of the games. You have plenty of deserving srs. Can they not make the dates, have no interest, or an oversight?

don't worry. coach is on committee. Plenty of riverside players will be in attendance. although I could find better places to be than on a Charleston soccer field in July.

A max of two per school.

Goal
Goal
Quote:

You know, Kool-Aid existed back in the days of Black & White TV.

Why, Ike, whatever do you mean?

C
Coach
Coach
C
Quote:

Quote:

Gbdawgs, Bomber,
Why aren't any Riverside girls listed on the all star game nominations. The site says the nominations are closed now for one of the games. You have plenty of deserving srs. Can they not make the dates, have no interest, or an oversight?

don't worry. coach is on committee. Plenty of riverside players will be in attendance. although I could find better places to be than on a Charleston soccer field in July.

Are you suggesting that because the coach is on the committee, he can get players in who were not nominated before the deadline, when others are told it's too late?

I must have misunderstood.

I've got good news and bad news...
B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
Scwame, regarding the school you mentioned, it appears they must focus on TEAM accomplishments, rather than INDIVIDUAL ones.

There is no I in T-E-A-M.

When will you post that list that CornerKicker asked about?

I too am curious where all the 92's are playing college ball.

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Gbdawgs, Bomber,

Are you suggesting that because the coach is on the committee, he can get players in who were not nominated before the deadline, when others are told it's too late?

I must have misunderstood.

NO. Just kidding. They have 8 seniors so maybe they are not available in the summer.

L
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
L
Why are you so interested in CESA 92 players' college choices being listed on the forum? I'm sure you know they are all listed on the CESA website. Are you and gbdawgs just chomping at the bit to publicly belittle their college selections? If i had no fear of my daughter and family being publicly belittled for her and our choice to play for CESA and to play college soccer for a small college that is well-noted for her major and which she is very much looking forward to attending, I would be happy to post the choices publicly. She was accepted to every college she applied including USC, CofC, and Clemson but wanted to play soccer at a smaller school. (She would have not been able to play varsity soccer at either of the other 3, although I'm not sure that is something she would have wanted to do anyway) I have another daughter who went the other route, chose not to pursue a soccer scholarship, chose not to play club soccer her senior year, and wanted to go to a larger school like Clemson. Both are extremely happy with their decisions and we are very happy for both of them and the time we spent playing club soccer at CESA. We enjoyed the trips and the friends we made and the good times we had. If we hadn't been enjoying it, we would have quit long ago because we realized all along that either one of our daughters might have decided not to pursue a college scholarship at any time but that wasn't what it was ALL about.

L
corner kick
corner kick
L
Here is what you can expect to hear. 1. Where the heck is Washington and Lee? 2. What flavor kool aid do they serve at CESA, your house, your family picnics.

But I don't think it is an interest anymore about this team or club; it is an obsession- It's gone from Ralph Nader to Ahab and his white whale.

B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
No, I would never belittle these young ladies.

I applaud them, it is a great accomplishment.

Hopefully it will work out well for all of them.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Loc Dog pretty much hit it on the head..The reality is most that play club ball get no offers to play soccer..that is when you look at the numbers that play and the numbers that do get offers..Just like the numbers will be even smaller for the ones that play on a national team after college..My daughter chose school first and sports second..How can anyone argue with that? She had some intersts from a few schools but chose not to pursue them..Let the college thing go..That is a personal decision to be made by a child and family and is no ones business..Clubs tout their college signees because they want to show people the success some have had playing within their system and yes..it could be a selling point to get kids to play there..Why not? Is it not something to be proud of? We are not part of the CESA 92 group..We were with the group that shared state titles with them and enjoyed the eight plus years of competition we gave each other..I like the taste of kool aide..It tastes better than bitter water..Let it go!!

C
Throw In
Throw In
C
This message board is an open forum, and is open for all comments.

You have the right to post your thoughts and others who may have thoughts that differ from you have that right also.

Page 13 of 14 1 2 11 12 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard