Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
D
throw in
throw in
D
I apologize for inferring that it was your opinion.

Thanks for the link also as I could not find.

Now back to the actual play on the field

C
throw in
throw in
C
Overall a good philosophical discussion. It really boils down to this: does the SCHSL want to allow homeschool students to participate for SCHSL teams? If the answer is "yes" they can make it happen tomorrow by amending the SCHSL constitution (assuming there is no law that needs to be passed by the state legislature). Even if the answer is "yes" it does not prohibit a homeschool team from existing.

BTW, I don't think there is anyway a homeschool team could join the SCHSL or SCISA. They fundamentally deal education facilities that are brick and mortar.

C
Coach
Coach
C
From the SCHSL:

ARTICLE III - MEMBERSHIP
Section 1. Who May Join

A. Public high schools accredited by the State Department of Education whose principal or
superintendent, with the approval of the governing board, agrees to conform to the rules and
regulations of the League shall be eligible for membership.

B. Private high schools accredited by the Southern Association of Secondary Schools whose
principal or superintendent, with the approval of the governing board, agrees to conform to
the rules and regulations of the League shall be eligible for membership.

C. Junior high schools and middle schools accredited by the State Department of Education
and 7th and/or 8th grades housed in the same building with a senior high school shall be
eligible for associate membership, provided they fall under the governing board of a member
school. The principal, with the approval of the governing board, agrees to conform to the
rules and regulations of the League.

D. Any high school not accredited by one of the above-mentioned agencies, and presently a
member of the League, may retain membership as long as it is approved by the Executive
Committee of the League.

E. All sections of the Constitution not so noted will apply to members and associate members.

Section 2. How to Join

A. Application for membership shall be made in writing to the coordinator of the region in which
the school wishes to compete and to the State Conference. Before being admitted, the
application must be approved by two-thirds majority of the schools in the region and by the
State Conference Executive Committee. The League’s Executive Committee must grant
final approval.

B. If a school is unable to comply with the above, the League's Executive Committee may
accept the school as a Member-At-Large.
NOTE: An at-large member may participate against other member schools. They may
participate for a state championship if it does not require qualifying through the region.

C. Middle and Junior high schools, under the control of the local governing board, may obtain
membership by applying directly to the Executive Committee.

D. A school becomes a member when final approval for membership is approved by the
League Executive Committee and upon payment of its dues according to Article X, Section

ARTICLE X - FINANCES
Section 1. Dues

A. Annual membership dues shall be based on each school’s classification according to the
following schedule:
A.................................$200.00 AAA..............................$400.00
AA...............................$300.00 AAAA ...........................$600.00

B. Each associate member will pay dues of $100.00.

C. All annual dues will be payable on July 1.
1. Membership will terminate if not paid by December 1.
2. Schools playing football must pay dues by September 15 to be eligible to play the
current season.

D. Any school becoming a member of the League will pay an initiation fee equal to a present
member's proportionate share of the League's surplus at the end of the preceding year.
This fee will be paid in addition to the school's annual dues.

E. If the League's cash surplus exceeds the League's budget for the following year, the excess
will be distributed to the schools in the form of credit on their dues for the following year.

I've got good news and bad news...
C
throw in
throw in
C
As homeschool students fundamentally do not go to a school, this would seem to make it impossible to join the league. Truthfully, I like the freedom that we have. I can adjust the schedule as needed based on the talent we have or are anticipating having. Thus we can play challenging games commensurate with our ability. I knew the previous 2 years we could compete with Airport, B-C, etc. at the varsity level, this season our talent is good--but not as deep as before.

C
Coach
Coach
C
Not sure a school would have to be brick and mortar to qualify, but the good news is that private home school teams can compete with SCHSL teams without being members of the League. Pick your target and ask 'em for a match!

I've got good news and bad news...
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard