Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
I
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
I
I think it is given that girls enjoy HS soccer more than club soccer if they play for a top HS program. Can the same be said if a top club player plays on a perennial bottom feeder, do they share that same experiences losing game after game with zero chance of success ?

"Duh,WINNING."
corner kick
corner kick
Not necessarily...it depends on what aspects they enjoy. I played for both a top club and top HS team and I probably enjoyed club more because it gave me the opportunity to travel to fun, new places and more consistently competitive competition.

Both club and varsity ball can be a lot of fun, but they have their different pros and cons compared to the other. You also don't have to like one over the other because you enjoy them for different reasons.

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; [it] is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
I
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
I
Quote:

Not necessarily...it depends on what aspects they enjoy. I played for both a top club and top HS team and I probably enjoyed club more because it gave me the opportunity to travel to fun, new places and more consistently competitive competition.

Both club and varsity ball can be a lot of fun, but they have their different pros and cons compared to the other. You also don't have to like one over the other because you enjoy them for different reasons.

Wow let the record show that Kitten enjoyed Club more than HS. Kitten you just broke a lot of hearts

"Duh,WINNING."
corner kick
corner kick
If that breaks someone's heart, they really need to get some more hobbies, lol. High school versus club is not a right or wrong argument. There are different reasons to enjoy either or both and it's an entirely subjective decision that can only be made by each individual player in their own individual situation. A bunch of grown adults arguing over which one is better is really quite asinine because it's a subjective opinion based on experiences.

I loved club ball. I also loved playing varsity soccer. I had a lot of individual experiences with each that formed my opinions of them that have no impact on anyone else trying to make a similar decision, much in the same way people might compare two different restaurants.

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; [it] is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
C
Coach
Coach
C
Spot on.

I've got good news and bad news...
T
kick off
kick off
T
You have it backwards. Club is far more fun than High School. My daughter plays at the R3P/ECNL level. She enjoys the club team very much because of the common focus on excellence that all of the players and coaches have. Club doesn't have the social clicks that are found at school with friends who play soccer but at very different levels. She played HS two years and it was horrible. The politics of revolving coaches who favor players affiliated with their club at the expense of the team and a lowering of the level of play from club caused her to loose interest. I do know that when she informed the college coaches on her recruiting list, she got very favorable feedback for not playing HS soccer.

J
JAK Offline
goal kick
goal kick
J
Titan762. It's my guess that most top players would agree with your comment, but we should acknowledge that it isn't black and white. It will depend on the player and I'd guess that some of the top players would still prefer HS. That doesn't make it right or wrong. It just is what it is.

I did just asked my daugher the question and, for her, it isn't close. Club is much more enjoyable. That isn't to say she doesn't enjoy HS, but she greatly prefers club. If forced to choose, which I hope doesn't happen, it wouldn't be a difficult decision for her.

I
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
I
titan/JAK
Name the $ amount and I will bet both your daughters HS has a low level team because most every girl enjoys HS over club due to a variety of reasons.

"Duh,WINNING."
T
kick off
kick off
T
Look where we live. Fort Mill has been pretty good the past two years and is pretty good this year. To start as a Freshman and a Sophomore and get to the 4a semifinal as a freshman with a team of sophomores and Juniors is about as good as it gets here in SC without a championship. If the girls had a good coach they might have won it all two years ago. I don't see how you can make your conclusion valid.
I will put up 10 grand, are you game? It is also no fun winning when most of the teams you play are not very good.

Last edited by titan762; 03/11/11 04:15 AM.
I
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
I
Quote:

Look where we live. Fort Mill has been pretty good the past two years and is pretty good this year. To start as a Freshman and a Sophomore and get to the 4a semifinal as a freshman with a team of sophomores and Juniors is about as good as it gets here in SC without a championship. If the girls had a good coach they might have won it all two years ago. I don't see how you can make your conclusion valid.
I will put up 10 grand, are you game? It is also no fun winning when most of the teams you play are not very good.

TEN GRAND is way to rich for my blood, you win.

"Duh,WINNING."
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard