Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#143606 03/12/11 08:31 AM
J
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
J
I got to looking at NW overall as a school and soccer. Can anyone tell me why they do very well with boys soccer, but their girls team is anemic at best year after year? I noticed that teams like Wando and Irmo tend to field really good boys and girls teams...why not NW? I have my ideas, but I want to see what you all have to say about it.

If you are going to argue a point, at least get factual information to back up your side.....
C
Kickoff
Kickoff
C
feeder programs. MPSC has a huge program for boys and girls. Irmo has access to numerous clubs. Northwestern doesnt really have much up that way. DSC is starting to improve, but most everything is in Charlotte.

As for the boys side, Dom is a fantastic coach and has taken that program to the next level. I dont know what they were like before he got there. I also dont know who the girls coach is up there.

goal kick
goal kick
might be a good question for the girls thread! but i think mainly it is a mixture of the talent pool to choose from and the level of coaching. Coach wren has the ability to maximize the potential of a team leading to solid teams no matter the players(an ability not many coaches have) while the girls coach, although extremely respected and a fine coach is not able to truly get the most out of his players.

By failing to prepare, you prepare to fail.
bench
bench
Soccerboy - I think coachb and cesc are on target, but I'm not going to sit here and let you besmirch my good friend about getting dealt a hand of twos and threes over the years, while others got face cards and aces! I'll tell you that Northwestern has improved and will continue to do so. To the level of the boys, NO, but a challenge in region and such -- or course!

BELIEF!!!

Delaney's ... 'NUFF SAID!
J
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
J
Trust me, my thoughts on this do not trend towards the coaching staff at all. I am sure they are doing a great job. I was wondering about clubs in the area, and why there seems to be a lack of talent as compared to the boys team. I'm not here to bash any coaches.

If you are going to argue a point, at least get factual information to back up your side.....
throw in
throw in
Anyone could have won state with the players nw had. We're going to see how good Dom really is these next couple years.

B
brace
brace
B
Never hold a successful coach's talent pool against him. Lots of great players never win a state championship. NW's coaches have made the most of what they have.

throw in
throw in
Its not a question of his previous success, thats what irmo fans are for, its a question of how well he will do without half the argentinian national team.

goal kick
goal kick
argentina? you're an idiot. there hasnt been a single argentine player on NW's team in Dom's tenure as head coach

By failing to prepare, you prepare to fail.
throw in
throw in
You are exactly right cesc. Will you please inform me where the martinez bros are from, because no one will understand the comment unless it has the right latin american country written.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard