Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#143642 03/13/11 08:14 PM
World Cup
OP Online Content
World Cup
High School Soccer Enthusiast:

Please answer the following questions in regards to the 2011 edition of the Eurosport Scoreboard. We will forward this info to the folks responsible on behalf of SCSoccer.com.

If the answer is NO, please offer comments below as ways that the Eurosport Scoreboard could be improved.

Do you like the new Eurosport Scoreboard in comparison to the one used previously?
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 03/13/11 04:00 PM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.
A
goal kick
goal kick
A
I would love to see a calendar. If one exists in this new system, I haven't found it and I apologize.

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
The new Eurosport Scoreboard would be an okay tool, if ALL coaches did care enough to keep their calendar updated and accurate. That's the most important improvement needed right now.

How can anyone expect realistic new rankings when scores are missing or wrong?

hat-trick
hat-trick
The older system had a link to a page that listed all of the teams in a region with their current region and overall records as well as region ranking. With the new system, when you select conference IV/AAAA for example, you get all teams in all Regions IV for all classes (A, AA, AAA, AAAA) and there are not records in the list. The new system also has a link for a page that has region rankings, but the win-loss-tie colums are all zeros.

Goal
Goal
The old system allowed for easier viewing of region standings, class rankings, and was in general easier to navigate!

Victory Starts Here!
hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

I would love to see a calendar. If one exists in this new system, I haven't found it and I apologize.

Not sure what type of calendar you are referring to, but the new system does have a calendar that allows you to click on a day to see the games scheduled on that day. For example, the girls calendar is at the following link:
http://www.eurosportscoreboard.com/page_calendar.php?c=0&mw=w&s=SC&d=2011-03-11

J
corner kick
corner kick
J
the old one was much more user friendly and didn't require you to have to dig so much for information.

C
Coach
Coach
C
Conference/non-conference games are incorrectly marked. On the Berkeley girls' side, Bluffton is marked as a non-conference game although Bluffton is correctly listed in the 7-AAA conference with us. On the boys' side, Hilton Head is marked as non-conference although they are correctly listed in our conference when you pull up 7-AAA.

I've got good news and bad news...
C
Coach
Coach
C
Quote:

The new Eurosport Scoreboard would be an okay tool, if ALL coaches did care enough to keep their calendar updated and accurate. That's the most important improvement needed right now.

How can anyone expect realistic new rankings when scores are missing or wrong?

Agree...lots of user/non-user issues. Not sure if with the new format coaches either haven't figured out the system or don't want to go to the trouble of putting in schedules/scores themselves, but there are a LOT of holes. I actually like the ability to go in and enter/edit our own page, but I guess many aren't used to it. The system is a valuable resource, but is only as useful as the people who use it.

I've got good news and bad news...
hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

Conference/non-conference games are incorrectly marked. On the Berkeley girls' side, Bluffton is marked as a non-conference game although Bluffton is correctly listed in the 7-AAA conference with us. On the boys' side, Hilton Head is marked as non-conference although they are correctly listed in our conference when you pull up 7-AAA.

I think some of these just got messed up in the conversion from the other system. You can go in and change them on your team's schedule.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Kevin Heise, Kyle Heise 

Link Copied to Clipboard