Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
B
goal kick
goal kick
B
The old system was great. There was NOTHING wrong with the old system. Bring it back. Anyone second? Say "I"

Chapin High School Boy's Varsity Soccer Assistant Coach South Carolina United FC Staff
Brace
Brace
Aye

C
Throw In
Throw In
C
I appreciate the work that was done into this. I am missing the previous seasons data that went back many, many years. I also hope that a few little things can be changed to make it a little more user friendly. I'm sure that those that put this together are still making adjustments and so I would recommend giving it a little more time.
Right now, it's not as good as the old system. But I see the potential for it to be much better with a few more changes.

B
goal kick
goal kick
B
There is definitely potential for the new system. I'm just comfortable with the old system. I liked it a lot.

Chapin High School Boy's Varsity Soccer Assistant Coach South Carolina United FC Staff
B
throw in
throw in
B
I still haven't figured out where to find standings within specific regions. It must be there somewhere.

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

I still haven't figured out where to find standings within specific regions. It must be there somewhere.

It's not very intuitive. From the rankings page, click on a school's name to go to that school's page (or you can search for the school). Underneath the school name at the top is "Conference:" following by a Roman numeral, ie I, II, III, IV, etc. Click on the Roman numeral and you should go to a list of all schools in all classes that are in that region (say region VII, for example). At the top, underneath "SC|Conference VII" you will see "Conference Record | Boys | Girls". Click on Boys or Girls and you will be taken to a list of Region VII rankings, VII-AAAA at the top, followed by VII-AAA, then VII-AA, and finally, VII-A. Have fun!

C
Coach
Coach
C
Cool...I was wondering about that too!

Seems the good web designers at Eurosport could mark their paths just a little more clearly...maybe actually have a "region rankings" tab or something similar...but then where would be the fun of exploring?

I've got good news and bad news...
F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
Proposed changes/modifications

1- have the alphabet across the top next to schools to filter the schools by first letter (instead of typing in the search box which gives you every state)
2- when school is selected you should have the choice of Varsity, JV and B teams (for both sexes - a lot easier than looking for B team)
3- upon selection of level, in conference record summary a link to conference standings would be nice (instead of having to ask Coach P where the heck it is)
4- I assume the home and away is an entry problem by the coaches which should eventually be corrected (disclaimer- I have no idea how the entry is done- for every match the person entering information should have to select either H or A which then is shown on the screen).

hat-trick
hat-trick
I believe the home/away issue was in the way the schedules were converted over from the old system. This system came up with our schedule already there and I had to go in and enter whether each game was home and away.

World Cup
Online Content
World Cup
This is an update on the Eurosport Scoreboard for South Carolina.

A "penalty kick shootout" option has been installed and records matches as "ties" with the regulation/overtime score listed along with the penalty kick shootout results. However, for Regular Season matches, this will not accurately keep track of a team's overall record because those "ties" (which they should be recorded as) have to be decided with a "winner/loser" per SCHSL regulations.

So, for a tournament like the Taco Bell Viking Cup, which only utilizes the "shootout" for terms of advancement in group play and actually labels the result as a draw, then this is a perfect application. However, for regular season and playoff matches when a "winner" must be determined then you still need to record the score as below:

If a match ends 1-1 at the end of regulation and overtime and a penalty kick shootout decides the "winner" then the result will be 2-1 and a post should be made that the match was decided via PKs.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Kevin Heise, Kyle Heise 

Link Copied to Clipboard