Next Thread
Print Thread
#143981 03/15/11 02:32 AM
B
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
B
#1) A player plays the ball back to their keeper and the keeper mistakenly handles the ball with his hand. Where is the ball placed? At the spot of the "hand ball" or at the spot of the pass? And is it direct or indirect? Plus, if this were a normal field player the result would be a red card (if a goal was prevented), why is it just a kick when a GK touches it?

#2) In HS, can a keeper intercept an errant pass from the opposing team and dribble the ball back into the 18 box and then pick it up to punt it?

This is probably a simple answer, however I never received a clear explanation on this tonight! Two refs resulted in two different interpretations.

Coach Sharpless Blue Ridge High School
Brace
Brace
Coach Sharpless:
When a GKer handles an intentional passback, the result is an indirect kick at the spot of the handling. If the foul occurs inside the 6 yard box, the ball is placed on the 6 yard box. I'm not sure why it is not more than just a foul. It probably has something to do with the fact that it used to be legal for a GKer to pick up a passback.

If your GKer leaves the box and intercepts a pass, he can dribble the ball back and pick it up.

Dr. Jason Hamil
Head Boys Soccer Coach
Academic Magnet High School
B
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
B
Thanks for the clarification Jason.
I was told the "ball was placed at the spot of the pass as that is where the infraction occured." I tried to clarify that the pass was not the "no-no" it was in fact the handling of the ball by the GK. But since I wasn't holding the whistle I was looked upon as being ignorant!
Again thanks for the clarification!

Coach Sharpless Blue Ridge High School
D
throw in
throw in
D
If ball is within 10 of the goal line, does the offending team still get to form a wall at goal line?

G
kick off
kick off
G
Quote:

If ball is within 10 of the goal line, does the offending team still get to form a wall at goal line?

Yes, the team can still make a wall on the goal line.

Link Copied to Clipboard