Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
throw in
throw in
I have watched Wade Hampton finish 5th the past two seasons. Last year they missed out while beating several playoff bound teams. Region II is 5 solid. TR will prob win region while Berea would contend for region titles in regions III, VI, VII,and VIII. Nothing subpar about region II except Southside (they just moved in as Mann moved out). We will trade two losses for two wins anyday but we still may finish 5th. Regardless it is only fair to use a seeding system not just award/reward a region an extra spot. I am gathering that region V gets five teams this year? Can that be confirmed? I know that Chapin, Flora, BC, Dreher, Airport all deserve to be there more that other teams that make it.

elprofe #144009 03/19/11 08:15 PM
throw in
throw in
Quote:

I have watched Wade Hampton finish 5th the past two seasons. Last year they missed out while beating several playoff bound teams. Region II is 5 solid. TR will prob win region while Berea would contend for region titles in regions III, VI, VII,and VIII. Nothing subpar about region II except Southside (they just moved in as Mann moved out). We will trade two losses for two wins anyday but we still may finish 5th. Regardless it is only fair to use a seeding system not just award/reward a region an extra spot. I am gathering that region V gets five teams this year? Can that be confirmed? I know that Chapin, Flora, BC, Dreher, Airport all deserve to be there more that other teams that make it.

Again, Eastside and Greenville are always good. The rest need to rotate #3 and #4 seeds. Nothing more. And, Airport has never been good (lucky a year or two but not good)! Kind of like Wade Hampton!

throw in
throw in
Not sure how lucky finishing 5th and missing the playoffs is for two straight years after beating 7 out of the 16 upperstate playoffs team is. The bottom line is regions II and V are heads above the rest, just the way it is. Seeding should occur so weak teams from regions I, III, VI, and VII teams can sit at home while quality teams enjoy some payback for hard work. And Airport and WH along with TR and Berea are all as quality as Greenville and Eastside, not sure where that leaves you maybe you are from region III and celebrating the fact that Riverside is gone and BR is dead!

elprofe #144011 03/20/11 02:34 AM
B
goal kick
goal kick
B
I can confirm that Region V gets 5 play-off spots, while Region III will only have 3. This is due to the fact that Chapin is competing in Region V for everything except football, as opposed to the region the HSL assigned them. Could you imagine Chapin's travel time 2 times a week to compete in the other sports?! That would be extremely hard on the athlete's, coaches, and fans! However, next year it will be back to 4 teams per region.

On a side note, I can understand WH's frustrations as they've missed the play-offs the last few years and have had better teams than some/many teams that made the play-offs. However, if you move to a seeding system (similar to A & AA), you run into politics and then people crying unfair at seeding selection or even not making it over someone else that did. Bottom line, there is no one way that will make everyone happy.

Coach Sharpless Blue Ridge High School
D
throw in
throw in
D
Quote:

On a side note, I can understand WH's frustrations as they've missed the play-offs the last few years and have had better teams than some/many teams that made the play-offs. However, if you move to a seeding system (similar to A & AA), you run into politics and then people crying unfair at seeding selection or even not making it over someone else that did. Bottom line, there is no one way that will make everyone happy.

If I remember correctly, the region winner coaches for both upstate and lowerstate meet and determine the seeding in A & AA. There could be some politics with them pumping up their individual regions, but used along with head-to-head OOC matchups and the state rankings it would be a heck of a lot fairer than just randomly assigning prior to a season. Make for a better state tournament as well - IMHO

bench
bench
Eastside seems like they look for the cross more than anything else, and their size doesn't exactly promote that idea. Once they find their stroke, they'll be tough to beat. Region V seems tough but airport won't be as competitive as they were last year. Haven't been able to watch many teams play, but lower state does seem stronger

bench
bench
In Region V 3A soccer anything can happen... No team will have an automatic birth into the playoffs this year. All the teams will have to work to get in.

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Quote:

their size doesn't exactly promote that idea. Once they find their stroke, they'll be tough to beat.

HUH? STRANGE AND UNUSUAL

Stuff White People Like: #589 - Guy Fieri
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Hahahahaha

corner kick
corner kick
get em bruh

Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard