Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
L
bench
bench
L
@ Import.

Sieverding has a ridiclously powerful foot/leg for his size. You kinda don't expect it but he can hit the ball but especially on corners, Its surprising if he doesn't touch/head the ball on corners.

H
goal
goal
H
His nickname is Howie - short for howitzer. He has the most powerful strike I have ever seen in person. His vertical leap (especially with a step or two) is also incredible. I have a photo from R3PL Regionals a couple of years ago that shows him at full leap on a corner - his head is two feet above everyone else. His natural ability is very, very special. I understand that he doesn't want to play beyond HS. If true, that's really a shame. He could be great in college, and beyond.

B
throw in
throw in
B
Great Player but and beyond... Doubt it

bench
bench
Import - I heard the Nation Ford game was a poor showing for Irmo in general. As for Sieverding - I'd like to see someone out jump him (off/def) for a header, excellent speed/size, touch/control, cannon on his foot. Again though, Irmo's defense as a whole works extremely well together, everyone is solid. I'd say more than half of the goals which have been scored on Irmo this season occurred when none of the starting D was in the game.

H
goal
goal
H
Barca - If Howie had the burning passion for the game that some (certainly not most) have, there's not much limit to how far he could go. Whatever deficiencies he has are from a lack of "want to," not because he can't. While that may sound like a criticism, it isn't. Only a small minority of athletes in any sport have that extra internal drive to be truly great. Howie's a super young man and a very good soccer player. I think we should just enjoy watching him do his thing, as long as he feels like doing it!

bench
bench
4A: Matt Sieverding - Irmo
4A: Up and coming freshman Jacob Kirtley- Stratford

There's certainly other defenders that could be noted but these are onces I've looked at through reference of others and have been impressed.

W
goal kick
goal kick
W
kevin ray of northwestern

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
TJ Grimsley of Dillon

Coach Chickering
Camden High Soccer
kick off
kick off