Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12
T
TSO Offline
kick off
kick off
T
Best-District 3 (Rock Hill), York
Worst-Clover, The Cage

Is it that hard for Clover to cut the grass? Their field is extremely lumpy and there are patches everywhere. It is extremely small and there is no room from the sideline to the fence.

B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
Say what you will about the Cage, but when that place is full of fans you cannot beat it for atmosphere!! Great place to go watch a game.

WhoDaresWins
goal kick
goal kick
Quote:

Quote:

Kyle couldn't you do something about The Cage? Like get some money from the district or something? I mean I know money's tight nowadays and not every school is willing to spend money on their soccer program but come on man.. That stadium is just embarrassing.

Kevin is the one that responded...but at any rate....

I used to think it was this simple too. Money grows on trees and you can just "get some money from the district or something". Then I grew up and realized that instead of spending money to better the facilities/buy new busses etc, some school districts are forced to feed people who cannot feed themselves. Unfortunately, this is the America we live in. Education is not simply a place where students come to learn, grow, and compete. It's increasingly a place that promotes the "if you don't like something, complain", "if you want something, just take it", "babysit my child and feed them too", "don't make me get my lawyer" mentality. Lexington 2 School District is not the most rosy place to grow up. Check it's socio-economic index. It sits at about middle of the pack in SC in terms of affluence(money) per child. Chapin is number 1 in case you care. Even they have like 20 portables at their school. Toss that in to the fact that schools are funded by taxes (income, sales, property, etc. it's sort of complicated) in an economy of a state where salaries are down, unemployment is up, property is worth less and people are spending less and you get districts who not only have little money to spend but do not even want to give the appearance that they DO spend.

You can ask Kevin and Kyle about the bond referendum that was passed in 2001/2002 or thereabouts to build a new stadium but, it appears that funds are being mismanaged as well. Maybe I'm wrong but, it seems fishy to me that this is 11 years after money was placed into an account for a new stadium and the The Cage is still The Cage. AHS has all their new facilities if I'm not mistaken...

Of course...it's hard to justify laying people off, closing schools and placing people on rift lists when you build a new stadium down the street or increase an AD's salary to 100k for no reason at all other than he can win a football game. "Perception is reality" in some communities.

This has been your "this is how the real world works" lesson of the day brought to you by shut^&play.

This is nice and all... very touching.. But it still doesn't help The Cage get any better.

C
Coach
Coach
C
I think the point was, when you live in a world of limited resources, you have to prioritize. When you have a field of perfectly adequate playing area and a safely playable surface, and a lot of things to spend your limited money on that affect lives much more than the fact that the stadium isn't pretty enough to suit some, you should quit worrying about the cosmetics of the stadium and just shut^&play in it.

Adequate interpretation?

I've got good news and bad news...
S
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
S
I will respond to TSO.
Our field at Clover is 118 x 63. There are 10 feet (as required by the NFHS rules) from the field to the fence on the bench area side. The field is in the best condition it has been in since I have been in the district. It was overseeded and is almost completely green. It was rolled. And it is cut every Monday by maintanence. I apologize TSO if you had a bad experience on the field.

Khrys Dundr
Clover High School
Mens Soccer

W
goal
goal
W
SJE Pro-

And you dont help this message board get any better.

It is what it is. Most of you guys complaining about The Cage are just taking your shot now becasue you got beat at The Cage.

Oh and BTW, I bet your boy in your avatar didn't whine about bad fields!

Worst: Dutch Fork

Best: Flora, Heathwood, Irmo, CN

Last edited by Will Eudy; 04/06/11 06:53 PM.
W
goal
goal
W
on to Bazza's point

Bazza is rght, I have seen some remarkable games in The Cage. Ridge View vs BC 01 was unreal, BE vs Ridge View, Norman North vs anyone in 03 was great, BC vs MB in 01 was classic.

But all time favorite was in 95(SR Year) after we beat Northwestern to advance to AAAA Final Four there was a tunnel past midfield full of supporters "walking" us out it was awesome.

Goal
Goal

Quote:

This is nice and all... very touching.. But it still doesn't help The Cage get any better.

Hey you want to start a fundraiser for the Cage? I'm sure Kevin and Kyle would be grateful. Have your mommy bake some cookies or brownies and sell them. They'd probably get a banner with your name on it. Heck, if you sell enough, they might rename the stadium after you.

Look kid, I'm just trying to fight ignorance here. The battle is long, challenging, frustrating, and mostly futile. You will understand one day just read what I said and understand it's simply not as easy as asking for 100's of thousands of dollars to redo a soccer field.

goal kick
goal kick
it is a safe assumption to say that these boards would be better without SJE

G'd up from the feet up
Kickoff
Kickoff
BEST FIELDS
Strom Thurmond
Gilbert

WORST FIELDS
Midland Valley
Batesburg-Leesville