Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#145905 04/09/11 01:21 AM
C
goal
OP Offline
goal
C

Could someone please PM with what is going on with Chapin? They are not even in the top 15. Not what I expected.

Here I go again!
C
bench
bench
C
Chapin is a very young team this year that starts 6 freshman, 3 sophomores and 2 seniors. while the talent is certainly there, with such a young line up you never know who will show up to play on any given day. they also have struggled heavily with injuries and usually only carry 2 healthy subs on a good day the young eagles have had some great wins, beating south Aiken, airport and ac flora, but then had some very questionable losses against gilbert, dreher, and a horrible showing against brooklyn cayce the second time after an over time match in the first meeting. the record and ranking of this team does not tell of their actual talent and hopefully they're saving everything for when it matters most!

kick off
kick off
Wouldn't the Dreher and Brookland-Cayce games be a couple of the games that "matter most" since they are region matches?

Romans 1:16 -- For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ...
C
bench
bench
C
They are important, just saying the girls didn't show up for this which was a disappointment. They played great against BC the first time, and honestly should have won, missed several great opportunities and BC got a great finish in overtime. They however did not show up against dreher and lost in Pk's, and had a really bad showing against BC at home losing 3-0. The region games do matter for seeding in playoffs, but the playoff games are what actually matter most in the end

C
goal
OP Offline
goal
C
What happen to all the Juniors and Seniors? CUFC is in their backyard, so I find it hard to believe that there are only 2 club players in the Junior and Senior class available to play.

And to let Gilbert beat you twice is crazy? And to top off with loses to BC, and Dreher. Airport was a win but Airport looks like they are struggling also.

Girls Soccer at Chapin will always hold a place in my heart, so it worries me to see them struggle.

Here I go again!
corner kick
corner kick
Chapindad... haven't seen you around the boards in a a while. How have things been going?

Chapinsoccer12345 is spot on in saying that the varsity squad is very young and plagued with injuries but it goes much deeper than that.

check your PM.

"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing."
C
bench
bench
C
The two seniors that start are both club players, but only one of the juniors is a club player, and she has battled ankle injuries and is just getting back in full stride. the girls did beat gilbert the other night as well as airport last thursday, and have a huge game friday against dreher. They do need more of their younger players to get into club for them to be competitive in the next few years

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

The two seniors that start are both club players, but only one of the juniors is a club player, and she has battled ankle injuries and is just getting back in full stride. the girls did beat gilbert the other night as well as airport last thursday, and have a huge game friday against dreher. They do need more of their younger players to get into club for them to be competitive in the next few years

Aren't there 3 seniors and they all played club for SCUFC? I know one was injured but I understand she's back and playing now.

C
bench
bench
C
she has been in and out, and is now out again due to an infection, and has not started a game since scrimages early in the season. She is now probably out for the rest of the year

C
goal
OP Offline
goal
C
Sorry for the long delays in my responses. I just do not get to check as often.

Why aren't there more girls in club? There is a great club at their backdoor or is that even to far. The boys seem to be doing very well.

Here I go again!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard