Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#146439 04/15/11 06:54 PM
C
Kickoff
OP Offline
Kickoff
C
Although the season is not over, who is a player you believe should be "Player of the Year"?

brace
brace
To early gotta see who picks up her team and carries them into/thru playoffs before you could name one.

world cup
world cup
Not exactly Chief.

Arguably, the best player on the best club team in South Carolina, plays for a high school team that may struggle to win a first-round state playoff game.

In fact, there may be 2 players that fit this criteria.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
L
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
L
Quote:

Although the season is not over, who is a player you believe should be "Player of the Year"?

To start with I believe it depends on who was nominated by someone. Not sure if it has to be the player's coach or if it could even be a parent. It's possible that a player that "should" be considered for "Player of the Year" isn't even nominated.

O
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
O
If recollection serves me correctly I don't think it matters what type of club player the girl is or isn't.

world cup
world cup
Quote:

If recollection serves me correctly I don't think it matters what type of club player the girl is or isn't.

Once again, you are absolutely right Old Gal. But this type of "analysis", which is so generally accepted on these high school message boards, certainly helps you narrow down the field.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
C
Kickoff
OP Offline
Kickoff
C
We are talking about a current SC High School player who has been performing exceptionally well...

Names, please!

Q
throw in
throw in
Q
Why don't we just pick the girl who appears most often on Waka's top ten list??

brace
brace
Think we are on same page for most part. Notice I said carries into/thru becasue I know some girl might not get out of first round but is the reason her team is there. I think until we see where the team end up it is to early to say. For example lets say this great club player gets her team into round two and loses there, is she player of the year? What if a lesser cub player turns it on at play off time and gets her team to the end? (or plays the key role doing it) on a good team.
What if a David slays Golaith in the title game on the back of some little know player?

D
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
D
Casey Black from Woodruff would be a good choice. No other single player has made as much impact on a team then Casey. She elevates everyone’s game. Woodruff beat then Number 1 Spartanburg, Number 1 in AAA Eastside, AAAA powerhouse South Aiken, Northwestern and always tough Greenville and lost 1 to 0 to Wando.
What I like best about Casey is her attitude towards soccer, teammates, friends and family. I like her non arrogant way like pulling her nomination out of being in the Spring Valley All Tournament team. To get a very deserving team mate who had a outstanding tournament on the all tournament team. She lives and breathes soccer. She is a great student and wonderful young lady. She is the leading point getter (last three years in the Upstate) on her team. If you look at her stats she has more assist then goals, again that is her wanting everyone to take part.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard