Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
D
Goal
Goal
D
Ok, Harry, I tracked down the info I got from Hard Headed, and I did indeed misrepresent him. He said those players' clubs' ECNL teams would not participate in USYSA Region III, not high school. So, I guess I'm left with the amended statement I already posted...

"IF", for whatever reason there may be, ECNL players do not play high school next Spring, they will not be eligible under current GPOY rules. which is a true statement.

Chief, you were right...
Quote:

sounds like it should be in the Club thread!

Last edited by DeltaDog; 04/19/11 04:12 AM.
D
Goal
Goal
D

world cup
world cup
Congratulations to Stephanie and her family. She's a very hard worker, a great player, and a fine young lady.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
M
bench
bench
M
Quote:

Casey Black from Woodruff would be a good choice. No other single player has made as much impact on a team then Casey. She elevates everyone’s game. Woodruff beat then Number 1 Spartanburg, Number 1 in AAA Eastside, AAAA powerhouse South Aiken, Northwestern and always tough Greenville and lost 1 to 0 to Wando.
What I like best about Casey is her attitude towards soccer, teammates, friends and family. I like her non arrogant way like pulling her nomination out of being in the Spring Valley All Tournament team. To get a very deserving team mate who had a outstanding tournament on the all tournament team. She lives and breathes soccer. She is a great student and wonderful young lady. She is the leading point getter (last three years in the Upstate) on her team. If you look at her stats she has more assist then goals, again that is her wanting everyone to take part.

Could not be said any better than this.

Last edited by Makeinthecall; 05/12/11 08:42 PM.
C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Allisa at Christ or Hannah at Riverside are the players you have to shut down to win.Their team goes as they go. Gracie at mauldin deserves some props. She is strong; dangerous kicks outside the twenty. We tend to look at offensive players but some defenders make life easy for teams also. But who can't help but appreciate Casey. Best attitude in the business. Don't know players outside the upstate.

Last edited by patriot; 05/12/11 07:11 PM.
S
throw in
throw in
S
Congrats to Stephanie. I would say she had a lot of good competition for this award, not only from a soccer perspective but academic and community service which this award takes in account. Pretty impressive to be selected as a sophomore and again as a junior especially over some of the quality senior candidates of the last two years.

Does anyone know how the player of the year is awarded? By committee or individual? I know a lot of paperwork is submitted with GPA, soccer accomplishments, community involvement, recommendations etc. but does a committee look at the paper work and decide on the submitted paperwork or go with a state recommender?

L
bench
bench
L
Congrats to Stephanie! An enjoyment to watch.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard