Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
O
kick off
kick off
O
If you can't recognize when you are talking trash, why do you think that you can recognize it in others? We must have different definitions of the term. For clarification, my version definitely includes sideways remarks like "I would be ashamed," and "calling it as many see it." While they are a less raunchy version than you probably see on the field (by many teams) the desired goal is the same, invoke a reaction through a negative comment. As for the referenced foul, it was my understanding that both players got ejected. I'm sure the South Aiken player was innocent, simply a victim.
As far as I'm concerned trash talking, to an extent, is acceptable in athletics. It is the competitive mentality verbalized. Violence is not. If the foul was truly as bad as you say the players involved should and will be punished.
Don't demonize players for talking the talk and then following through. Sticks and stones right?

Oh no!
O
kick off
kick off
O
I would also like to add, because I have failed to do so thus far, that I don't believe Lexington talks more trash than the average HS team. I do not, however, know the thoughts and feelings of the many, so I'm just speaking from my own experience. Good kids, good team.

Oh no!
Goal
Goal
Fanof4
Why would you comment if you were not even at the game?
Talk about being a bad sport!!

I was on the sideline at a couple of the Lexington games during the Palmetto Cup (and when I say "on the sideline" I mean on the sideline). I didn't see or hear anything I would consider over the top. In fact I thought they were very well behaved, and I'm sort of a stickler on bad behavior.

The only suspect behavior I might have seen was from the coach. And it was such a bad call I almost got a yellow card myself, and I didn't even have a dog in the fight.

“It’s the most wonderful time of the year”
throw in
throw in
Ha, how can you comment on a game you weren't even at? Are you texting other teams dads, because your son doesn't play for SA, and you were at his game?

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard