Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
kick off
kick off
Quote:

BC has to go to Socastee---that may be a shocker!

I think the real shocker will be finding out that Region VIII is not very strong again this year. It appears their high winning stats are based off of playing mostly mediocre teams.

Don't Feed the Trolls!
kick off
kick off
I'd take MB and Socastee in the first round, but NMB and St. James won't make it out.

Brace
Brace
Is there any momentum gathering in 3A and 4A to go to the seeding system that 1A and 2A uses?

As an outside observer, it seems a little unfair that two teams from the "Region of Death" (Mauldin, Dorman, Riverside, JL Mann) will have to go on the road in the first round... especially when in a seeding system, they would almost certainly all get at least one home game (top 8 in the upperstate).

This was my first experience in the seeding committe process. I can tell you that it works. Region results could be used as a criteria, but just because you win a Region doesn't automatically make you better than a team who did not win their Region.

Thought?!?

Dr. Jason Hamil
Head Boys Soccer Coach
Academic Magnet High School
B
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
B
Have the 3A Region 1 seedings been decided? They are not posted on the playoff schedule.

C
goal kick
goal kick
C
3A Region 1 Seedings

1. Walhalla
2. Daniel
3. Belton-Honea Path
4. Seneca

brace
brace
One propblem with seeding is going to come up when a region #1 or 2 does not get its home game against a 3 or 4 and the reason given will be well the 3 or 4 was from a stronger region and when the 1 or 2 wins they will cry "FOUL" and "BULL" to the stronger region argument. It will happen a weaker region team will win one and then what do we say? If you want home field win your region, period.

Now if you want to say there are teams in the playoff that should'nt be because a weak region got 4 spots then that might need to get addressed. I would be ok with saying 1st and 2nd place finish in region are set and then the rest of the spots are up for grabs based on a ranking/seeding or play in system system. Maybe make a playoff/in system game for all 3/4/5 seeds (maybe wildcards for 5's) they play on monto get to play the 1/2's on Tues, there now there is an advantage for win/second in region and everyone who is "good" should get a chance.

bench
bench
Quote:

1st round Lexington vs Spring Valley. i know lex beat sv pretty decent last time they played them but keep in mind sv was missing 5 starters and were still getting in the flow of the season. i just hope lexington doesnt think this is going to be a cake walk and think they can run over SV because if anyone saw the SV/IRMO game the other night, it was a pretty close game all the way through. few time irmo looked very panicky when the game was 0-0. SV can play with anyone so.

no game is an expected win. this goes to all teams ( Irmo, NW, Lexington, Wando, etc) thinkin they can just run over a lower seed.

If anyone saw the SV/IRMO game they would know it as IRMOs senior night.

S
throw in
throw in
S
I don't know about a shocker so much really. B-C was ranked 3rd and Socastee 4th in 3A so it played like it should have after the almost 2hr weather delay. It was a really good, hard fought, and exciting game from both teams who "wanted it"!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard