Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 17 of 21 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
kick off
kick off
Eastside better not give the state championship to the lower state again like they did last time for the lower states second win in state.

“In life, as in football, you won’t go far unless you know where the goalposts are.”
G
kick off
kick off
G
Christ Church 5 St Joes 2 FINAL

CJ Offline
Brace
Brace
Any word on Mann/Irmo?

kick off
kick off
irmo 2 mann 1

“In life, as in football, you won’t go far unless you know where the goalposts are.”
Brace
Brace
Academic Magnet 0
Bishop England 1

Goal with about 21-22 minutes left in the game.

I am very proud of my boys and the season we had! I want to thank the parents and my AD for their support this season and the changes we made this year.

By the way.... pretty good officiating.

Dr. Jason Hamil
Head Boys Soccer Coach
Academic Magnet High School
throw in
throw in
Upperstate 3A final @ Eastside
Eastside 1
Wade Hampton 0

Goal scored off a set piece. A long throw in and Tyler Fletcher was able to head it through a crowd with about 12 minutes to go. Game was back and forth. EHS had most of the attack as WHHS's keeper was top notch tonight. WHHS put up a frantic attack the last 5 but could not find the back of the net. Hats off to WHHS-Matty Flynn, Johnny McGaha (a jr), and EHS-Joey Shovelton for making all state. Good luck to the eagles (as I fear they will need it)!

Throw In
Throw In
Upperstate 1A Final

Christ Church 5
St. Joseph's 2

The game did go to overtime. The score was closer than the final score indicates. Congratulations to Christ Church on a hard fought victory.

Look forward to watching St. Joseph's in the next few years with only two graduating seniors this year and a load of quality underclassmen.

E
bench
bench
E
Heck of a game, Sucks to see Burni get taken out like that, St. Joes had one hit off post in last two minutes of regulation. But saying that congrats to Christ Church.

B
goal kick
goal kick
B
Same private schools in the finals every year...

It's fairly obvious how insignificant these private school state championship victories mean to anyone, especially the private school players. When winning is so easy nothing holds a great degree of significance. Has to suck to win all those meaningless state championships. If I were golliath, i would pound david 9/10 times. Not like that feels good or anything.

I wonder if anyone at these private schools has thought about how much they rob their players of the chance to face real adversity. These players never have to feel worthy of anything. Christ Church, Bishop England, 8/10 years have way more talented teams than their public school counterparts (although either team mentioned would greatly struggle to win SCISA league).

Has to suck to be a player and know you don't have to work hard to win. If I were the coach of a team like that, i'd feel pathetic knowing I wasn't challenging myself and especially my players to our fullest potential. Some people like it the easy way, though. Very sad. Very sad.

Last edited by Brock Scott; 05/18/11 06:33 AM.

Chapin High School Boy's Varsity Soccer Assistant Coach South Carolina United FC Staff
world cup
world cup
Brock,

That's what tournaments and non-region schedules are for, to get competitive matches that you might not get in your region or in the state play-offs.

You want BE and CC to apologize for the size of their enrollment, or are you just upset that they are there at the end every year?

Have you looked at the recent history of the girls 4A state finals? How do we criticize Wando and Mauldin for simply being "good"?

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
Page 17 of 21 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Link Copied to Clipboard