Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 20 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 19 20
C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Sounds like he wants a handful to move to where ever he lands with the players he brought in...Problem is the stronger clubs are going to want only a handful and the rest will find themselves in the same boat..just somewhere else..If you want to be on the best team...Tryout for the best team..As far as the club offering competitive play..My daughter had no problem playing several years of region ball and high end tournaments..This is not a what's wrong with lowcountry or SCUMP soccer..It's what's wrong with a particular team soccer..

P
bench
bench
P
Actually SCUMP fielded 3 U15G (rising U16G) teams last fall- 2 challnge and 1 classic- albeit one challenge team had only 13 girls rostered for much of the season.

S
SCUMPY Offline OP
bench
OP Offline
bench
S
I really apologize for being sarcastic about the players, the truth is that they perform very well when they are not under his supervision.

U
bench
bench
U
it seems this mic/michael guy has a few followers. i have been around soccer long enough to know there are a lot of ignorant parents out there. as SCUMPY says - beware of the kool aid. seems strange to me at the very onset y'all mentioned his email was sent to a select few on his team. (but not ALL members of his team..?) it also seems strange that he certainly seems to have (and play) favorites. if anyone knows anything about coaching, those two combinations are B-A-D bad for team cohesiveness. he brought these girls from another team and, it seems, through the kool aid, got SCUMP to allow him to coach an Elite team. seems SCUMP can also be to blame for choosing a coach of his caliber to coach a team that should have easily been #1 in their group. wait - is this the same story i've heard floating around that this mic/michael character brings only 1/4-1/2 of his SCUMP team to tourneys using both a ton of guest players and the SCUMP 95 Elite name? i see the light now. what a sorry excuse for a man to call himself "Coach". shame on him.

U
bench
bench
U
and i might add, i've heard he brings the girls to higher end tourneys, places them in the lowest brackets and tells the parents this is a great opportunity. i wonder if these parents buy their Kool Aid at Harris Teeter, cause it's EXPENSIVE there!!! Drink up.

S
goal
goal
S
regarding the tourny accusation of 1/4 to 1/2 regular team players.....
tournys only allow so many guests, usually up to 4, but pool club players don't count as guests, so who knows...just want to keep this fair.

there is no team that would survive a season with 25-50% traveling to tournys

Last edited by sandman; 05/13/11 10:30 PM.
C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
No bashing here..do not know enough about the situation..
My daughter played five years with a core group of players that were BFA/Coastal and SCUMP during that time the group stayed pretty much the same and we had three different coaches and I think the same could be said for the 92s at CESA..A core group that stayed together with different coaches between the two..Total was four championships and at least five runnerups..This was from U14 up..
Get the picture..It's not the coach but the core group that sticks together..I would hate to see these kids and parents shaking their heads after u18 and wonder what went wrong..

S
SCUMPY Offline OP
bench
OP Offline
bench
S
Girls are rostered through US CLUB, $25 and a signature will get you almost on the National Team.

T
corner kick
corner kick
T
Quote:

As for the R3 lock, one of CESA's teams may not qualify for next year's R3PLE. Have to wait for Spring Cup results? If they don't get in I guess they can still play ECNL (says a lot there).

It actually does say a lot. I think it says that in order to get accepted into ECNL a club must demonstrate a history of quality teams in every age group and a solid club structure. In order to get into R3PLE, you have to win a state cup semifinal. I think we've seen that in those games anything can happen. How many CESA challenge teams have gotten in instead of 'Elite' teams from other clubs around the state. Does that mean they were better teams, or they were really good that weekend?

If for some reason the 96 SCUMP team loses tomorrow, does that say a whole lot about the quality of that team or it's players? Or does it say that either they had a bad day or whoever they are playing had a great day? Would you look at thier history over the course of this year, or just on that day? I like to look at the full history. I would still call them a very good team.

So, if 96 CESA should happen to lose tomorrow, I'll still call them a good team with good players. They'll still play ECNL and should successfully lobby to play R3PLE like they did this year.

C
throw in
throw in
C
What does a CESA 96 team have to do with a 95 age roup issue? No wait do not answer that on this post. How about starting a post on making excuses before the game is played.

Page 9 of 20 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 19 20

Link Copied to Clipboard