Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 19 of 20 1 2 17 18 19 20
G
bench
bench
G
Hilton Head! They have done great and most of those players have played other sports, not just soccer! Maybe the success of their High School has something to do with the coaching...Ernie is a great coach and that team plays as a team...no individuals out to make a name for themselves.

K
goal kick
goal kick
K
Wow, can anyone stop being a high school fanatic and speak rationally?

Congrats to the teams, players and coaches for their high school accolades. I'm not trying to downplay it all. Great job!

All I'm responding to is the statement the deduces, because the Lowcountry high schools won HS titles that Lowcountry club soccer is fine too. High schools' success in a certain area has no correlation to the club soccer in that same area.

B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
Are you drinking moonshine?

The only way that is does not correlate is-

1) The High School athletes are just great ahletes and it does not matter what they do in the off season. They could even be drinking moonshine. They will still be good soccer players.

2) The High School soccer players are playing for Clubs, but not Clubs in the Lowcountry.

3) The High School soccer players are getting all their training and developing their skills at High School practices and games, thus Club is a big waste of time and money.

K
goal kick
goal kick
K
Mmmmm. Really?

Well, since the Lower part of the state won so many HS female titles, then it'll be easy to list all the state and/or regional titles in club soccer from that area, all the ECNL events attended by clubs from that area and all the top D-I players from that area and their college choice. Please list them to correct me.

When you're done, look at the many, many accomplishments of CESA and then list all the state titles the Upper part of the state won for women. These two long lists will definitely prove I was wrong saying there is no correlation between the entities of high school soccer and club soccer.

I'll be sipping my drink while I wait.

B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
While your at it, mix me one as well.

Just seems to reason the better HS teams are filled with an abundance of players from Club teams. Or is it, the better Club teams are filled with an abundance of HS players.

You know, better mix me a double while I "ponder" that one for a while.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
It always comes back to a us verses them..And we wonder why soccer is in the state it is in S.C.
So someone tooted their horn that the lower state had a sweep of state titles in high school...so what? Let someone enjoy the moment..How often does that happen?
Now it's who's going to what college and who plays in what league..Ask any parent,player or coach from the 92 group that shared state titles between SCUMP and CESA if they did not have butterflies floating in their stomaches before every match..It's called respect..
We'll just go ahead and say that CESA is not only the best in the state but in the U.S. as well for the sake of arguement..So maybe this message board can move forward as well as soccer in S.C.

K
goal kick
goal kick
K
CHT, thanks for the lecture but keep emotion out of it. Didn't mean to strike a nerve in the Lowcountry.

Bomber, good posts and glad I inherited a drinking buddy.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
I showed emotion?..Cool!!
It seems like every thread ends up going in the same direction..Club soccer is done for us..It would just be nice to look on the ole message board in a few years and fine the us verses them mentality behind us and eveyone working for a common goal..

world cup
world cup
Quote:

I showed emotion?..Cool!!
It seems like every thread ends up going in the same direction..Club soccer is done for us..It would just be nice to look on the ole message board in a few years and fine the us verses them mentality behind us and eveyone working for a common goal..

If the us versus them mentality is behind us, and everyone's working for a common goal......that means there will only be one competitive club left in the state.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
world cup
world cup
Quote:

Maybe a shift is beginning to occur as Mid-state and Lowcountry Clubs seem to be winning a bit more.

The Low Contry is euphoric because Wando, HHI and AM did very well this weekend. They are to be congratulated.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
Page 19 of 20 1 2 17 18 19 20

Link Copied to Clipboard