Import Offline OP
Brace
OP Offline
Brace

B
goal kick
goal kick
B
Seems to be the first time in a couple years that Region 5 had some trouble in 3A

throw in
throw in
Well at least NW doesn't have a free pass to the upper final..

T
bench
bench
T
All #1 and #2 seeds advanced in 3A with exception of Seneca and WH. Seneca got the preordained favorable draw and WH showed depth of region II stronger than region IV. WH has to be licking their chops and a home game v Seneca.

I went up and watched Dreher take on Walhalla. Walhalla was the much better team overall, but I saw them play in the Airport tournament and they were fast and passing crisply. Last night they tried to play a possession game, but looked slow, no pace on passes, and their back line was like a sieve. Dreher just sat back and waited for them to screw things up. I made a prediction in another thread of Walhalla in final 8, but after watching last night, Greenville will beat those starting outside backs all night long and will be subbing their starters before half. Maybe the injury bug got them?

I also predicted BC in final 8. My bias to region V must have twisted my thoughts. Thought Socastee was a pretender, but they must be for real.

Shaping up to be a real drag of a second round maybe with exception of Eastside v Daniel in upstate and HHI v Socastee in lower. Should be really good final 8 match-ups though.

S
goal
goal
S
Not too surprising about BC when you look a little deeper into their record. They were 11-2-2 at the cage this year while their away record was 5-4 prior to the playoffs. If you take out their home tournament results their record was 9-1-1 at home. A pretty impressive home record and it would seem that the cage gives them that 1 goal advantage I have heard spoken on this message board before. I am not trying to take anything away from BC as they have had a great season.I am just jealous of such a home field advantage.

L
bench
bench
L
What's going to happen in the Daniel Eastside game and HHI and Socastte games

Import Offline OP
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
The Dorman game completes the brackets. Should be some good ones tonight!

Import Offline OP
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
4 and 3A Brackets (links above) have been updated with tonight's results.

T
bench
bench
T
Wow!! Walhalla either turned their game around from Tuesday or Greenville was having an off night? Anyone see the game?

Quote:

I went up and watched Dreher take on Walhalla. Walhalla was the much better team overall, but I saw them play in the Airport tournament and they were fast and passing crisply. Last night they tried to play a possession game, but looked slow, no pace on passes, and their back line was like a sieve. Dreher just sat back and waited for them to screw things up. I made a prediction in another thread of Walhalla in final 8, but after watching last night, Greenville will beat those starting outside backs all night long and will be subbing their starters before half. Maybe the injury bug got them?

Everything else in Upper State went as expected. Sounds like the HHI v Socastee match was a pretty good one also?

They all should be good ones from here on.

throw in
throw in
Not wanting to take anything from Walhalla as they won deservedly so but Greenville recently lost their starting keeper. He will graduate (not sure if he will walk) and will still go to COC to play college soccer but he did not play in either playoff game. With that being said, one of the goals was a pk (and A.Y. is a pk beast) and the other was a deflection off a defender, any keepers worst nightmare. The razors shut down the red raiders offense and that is why they didn't need more than 2 goals. WHHS has a better back line but not the scoring power they will need to beat the Razors. Good luck to the winner as they will need it to beat the Eastside/Ft. Mill winner.

Link Copied to Clipboard