Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
throw in
throw in
S
agreed.
Cardinal Newman has a really good squad and deserved the win.

O
bench
bench
O
having read through this thread here is what i can see:
1. a topic that was started separately from the original scisa thread
2. a closing line from 803 saying: "Let the conversation begin."
3. this from gucci "Maybe pinewood just blows this year and cardinal Newman is clearly re better team."
4. 803 jumping back in with "Anyone from Pinewood care to say anything?"
5. and of course wacka needed to jump in with "They are in hiding like Bin Laden was...no tough guys out here like years past.

So it is very obvious that this thread was started simply to stir the pot. While i doubt that any of you actually play for cardinal newman,(Eudy is too respectable to stand for crap like this) if you are CN fans you should enjoy the win for what it was. If you happen to be players i seriously doubt you had much to do with the win, and should be happy that people who saw the field were able to get it done.

While i no longer have any connection to either school, it's nice to see that the Pinewood players/supporters can win...and lose. Perhaps You all should take a lesson.

Congratulations to CN and coach eudy. they deserved to win, and luckily nothing happened causing debate(indirect free kicks from the six and what-not haha)

803 Offline OP
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
My purpose was not to cut pinewood down. I simply understand the rivalry between these two teams who have been head and shoulders above SCISA for the recent history ; and also understand that both teams have very bitter relationship with each other. Winning and bragging for 6 years is one thing but losing and running away from the conversation is another. I simply wanted to get both teams to have a say in next years competition. I figured pinewood would have deemed this a fluke an fired back with something Pinewoodish. And cardinal newman to understand what is expected of a competitive team : To keep the pressure on those trying to dethrone the champs. Hatred only brings about respect for one another, but you are right without someone stirring the pot how is a rivalry of this caliber worth talking about.

C
kick off
kick off
C
Not once did I say anything negative about Pinewood. I thought it was a great game. I simply questioned Pinewood's coach on taking J. White from up top after going down a goal. He seemed to be their only means of attack. After CN scored, PP never really had another REALLY dangerous chance on goal. I just don't see the reason for moving into a defensive set after going down 1-0. It just allowed CN to put more pressure on their backs.

That being said, CN smelled blood in the water and never let up. Once they scored, the pace of the game never slowed. CN just took over.

B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
Congratulations Coach Eudy. Great job!

WhoDaresWins
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard