Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Goal
Goal
Overall it was a very good match. It started out pretty slow with Mann just sitting back. Once Irmo scored, Mann woke up and made it interesting. Both teams had 2 or 3 nice chances inside the 6yd box. Back-heel or little flick and the score could've been much different. Both keepers for Irmo and Mann played very well. I was in attendance and saw no hand ball. I will say though, that the ref was missing some obvious calls but w/e. 2nd half got pretty chippy and towards the last 5 to 10 minutes got very interesting. Mann had a chance or 2 to tie it up and Irmo had mutliple chances to make it 3 to 1. Final "shot" came from Irmo. Not sure of his #, but the player chipped the keeper, the ball floated in SUPER SLOW-MO, and then hit the bar. Crazy finish but overall it was a pretty awesome game to watch.

H
brace
brace
H
spartan thanks for the link.cant realy tell anything from the second goal so i will still have to say from where i was standing it was a hand ball. it does show the no goal late in the game. a good game either way. two good teams.

corner kick
corner kick
You're welcome...If you slow it down you can tell. I don't understand why the Mann keeper didn't try to punch the ball out on the first goal...Looked like he received a yellow for going into Sieverding, on the play, instead of trying for the ball

kick off
kick off
SJE so now that the U.S sucks at soccer does that mean Irmo actually isn't that good? Plus I don't cheer for the U.S in soccer im not American my team is actually pretty good

“In life, as in football, you won’t go far unless you know where the goalposts are.”
S
throw in
throw in
S
Quote:

Quote:

nah man don't get jealous. if you played on Irmo past 4 years you probably don't have one

Naw have never set a foot in Irmo. And no I don't have a State Championship Soccer ring.. But I do have an award that says "World's Greatest Son" and seeing how U.S. looks at soccer... My award is about at equal quality with your ring

Is this dude really trying to bash U.S. soccer on a soccer message board. If your one of those people then you need to just get off these boards.

M
kick off
kick off
M
Seen All Teams involved and can honestly say IRMO is Solid and one of the Best I have personally seen over the past 10 years

Last edited by midcntrysccr; 05/18/11 01:01 PM.
goal kick
goal kick
Hahaha you guys make me laugh.. Learn how to read. When am I bashing on MY home country??? Face the facts. Our country thinks soccer is a joke. Especially when ESPN has a Daily Top Games List and the MLS cup final doesnt even make that list. Shows you how much they care about soccer.

corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

spartan thanks for the link.cant realy tell anything from the second goal so i will still have to say from where i was standing it was a hand ball. it does show the no goal late in the game. a good game either way. two good teams.

HH, there was good coverage from ch.5, as usual, of the matches in the low country. Click on the 2nd video in "top videos"

Wando/Beaufort/BE

K
bench
bench
K
After watching the game last night i would have to assume Irmo had a bad showing. From what i saw they did not look amazing like everyone has been suggesting. In my opinion i feel that the Irmo squad from last year (yes i realize it was much of the same players) was a better team. Overall though i think JL Mann played tenaciously and didn't let Irmo play their game. It seemed to me, but im just a spectator, that in last nights game JL Mann had more desire to win. Good win for Irmo and i wish them good luck in state and hope the bring the state title home.

M
brace
brace
M
Congrats to JL Mann and their fans. They were large in number, well organized and very prepared with a great game plan to disrupt, defend and play for the counter attack.

IRMO needed a match like that to prepare for what promises to be an epic battle as IRMO vs WANDO Championships have always been.

Imagine. Believe. Achieve.
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard