Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
S
goal
goal
S
i agree, i think the only reason that 1st goal, (boys) wasn't espn is because nobody sent it in.

T
TSO Offline
kick off
kick off
T
That goal never should have happened, not sure what the Riverside GK was doing. After #15 headed it, the ball went around 30 yards and she scored from like 12 out, the GK should have got it easily.

Quote:

Is anyone going to provided an discussion of the championship game? I wasn't there, and I guess I can wait for the video, but it seems odd that there is no commentary at all.

To me, Mauldin was the better team. They passed better and created more chances, and were completely dominating the game until Wando scored. Wando's goal was off a corner that just bounced around and someone tapped in. Even after the goal, Mauldin still controlled the game for the most part. Wando pretty much played long ball the entire game and were constantly on the defensive. Mauldin had several good scoring chances but couldn't finish any of them.

Of the 3A and 4A finals for both girls and guys, this was the only game where I thought the team that played better didn't win.

The game was much more physical than I was expecting, and I thought the ref was extremely inconsistent with his calls. #10 on Mauldin was getting shoved a lot, and started to retaliate and he would always call the fouls she committed, but rarely call the ones she received. #15 on Mauldin was playing very dirty, elbows flying from the first minute of the game and was constantly shoving Wando players from behind.

bench
bench
Can't remember how many total penalties there were in the game, seemed fairly called from my view. The only real dirty foul I saw happened in the second period, a tackle (take down) in the midfield by a Wando player with clearly no chance of getting ball. Foul was deserved and called. I’ll leave the jersey numbers to the imagination doesn’t seem relevant at this point.

corner kick
corner kick
"To me, Mauldin was the better team. They passed better and created more chances, and were completely dominating the game until Wando scored. Wando's goal was off a corner that just bounced around and someone tapped in. Even after the goal, Mauldin still controlled the game for the most part. Wando pretty much played long ball the entire game and were constantly on the defensive. Mauldin had several good scoring chances but couldn't finish any of them."

TSO you hit the nail on the head. That goal really zapped Mauldin for a bit. Wando did what they had to do to win.

brace
brace
Cool thing is that the video is available on the SCHSL site so pick out a few moments where you see dirty play, and flying elbows and post them then people can watch them and make a call the ref did not, takes the he said-she said out of it a little!

G
corner kick
corner kick
G
Chief, what are you doing up at 4:40 in the morning posting on the message board?

brace
brace
Let's just say my job keeps me on a funny schedule, no big deal I am very used to it, and have spent a lot of years at it!

corner kick
corner kick

The game was much more physical than I was expecting, and I thought the ref was extremely inconsistent with his calls. #10 on Mauldin was getting shoved a lot, and started to retaliate and he would always call the fouls she committed, but rarely call the ones she received. #15 on Mauldin was playing very dirty, elbows flying from the first minute of the game and was constantly shoving Wando players from behind.

TSO,
Not sure what you were looking at since 15 plays forward with her back to the goal most of the game. I was going to let this go but I couldn't let what I am guessing is a middle aged man hiding behind a fictitious name call out my 17 year old daughter trying to win a state championship game. I am going to let Mauldin's and Her individual accomplishments speak for themselves.

Only time will tell
C
Kickoff
Kickoff
C

TSO,
a middle aged man hiding behind a fictitious name

Now wait a minute "mavssoccerdad". Are you calling out TSO? Or everyone else on this message board including yourself.

corner kick
corner kick
Cornerkicker,
Anybody who knows me knows I am Mavs Soccer Dad. I have not tried to hide behind that name or multiple names as I suspect you do. I certainly have not called out an individual player in a negative manner in my four years on the board.

Only time will tell
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard