Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
Brace
Brace
J
Brock, I feel your pain. I don't like that private schools get to compete in the HSL either. We have the same problems here in Illinois where I live now. Peoria ND, Quincy ND, Boylan Catholic, etc....all dominate much larger schools. At least here, when most of those schools have to go up against the monster public schools in and around Chicago, they usually meet their match.

If you are going to argue a point, at least get factual information to back up your side.....
bench
bench
I don't see the problem your stating, private schools should have a disadvantage over public schools because they don't have such a big population like public schools!

goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
But private schools are allowed to 'recruit' players. Aka go to the best players in the state and offer them a 'better education' and waive their tuition. Plus private schools don't require their coaches to also be teachers and can pay their coaches more thus making the job more attractive than a public school job. And that hold true for any private school sport, not just soccer.

i wanna stay inside
J
Brace
Brace
J
Don't get me started lol....I know for a fact that many players around here get "academic scholarships", or scholarships for being "poor" to attend the soccer powerhouse private schools in the area. How do I know this? I referee with many parents that send their kids there, and they tell me that they have reduced tuition/no tuition costs to come play soccer for these schools. It is a little hard to argue why these schools are so good year after year when they continue to recruit the "best" soccer players off of the local club teams.

If you are going to argue a point, at least get factual information to back up your side.....
bench
bench
Irmo?! ..... Yea, enough said!

B
goal kick
goal kick
B
Irmo is a public school..............

Chapin High School Boy's Varsity Soccer Assistant Coach South Carolina United FC Staff
bench
bench
Yea exactly, I bet Irmo would kill all the private schools .... For example:
Cardinal Newman SCISA 3A State Champions. Irmo killed them 4 - 1!

B
goal kick
goal kick
B
Irmo is 4a.

Anyhow you're completely missing the point.

If BE was 3a and CC was 2a they wouldn't win state nearly every single year. I think what everyone is asking for is more competition. Make it fair. Both private schools would still compete for championships in a higher bracket but I doubt either could compete in 4a.

Chapin High School Boy's Varsity Soccer Assistant Coach South Carolina United FC Staff
bench
bench
I get what your saying, but I just watched both of these teams play and they clearly out worked there opponents. Im pretty sure CC would of beat Gilbert and BE could have given a great game against Mrytle Beach or Eastside. I get your point but before talking watch an know how these teams play before judging them.

S
goal
goal
S
Quote:

I get what your saying, but I just watched both of these teams play and they clearly out worked there opponents. Im pretty sure CC would of beat Gilbert and BE could have given a great game against Mrytle Beach or Eastside. I get your point but before talking watch an know how these teams play before judging them.

give it up brock, he won't be getting it anytime soon

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard