Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Always Right #150379 05/24/11 08:35 PM
M
brace
brace
M
Coaches are free to make their decisions but disrupting the spine of the team by pulling your center mid to play as a striker when his strongest asset is designing plays based on what he sees in front of him baffles me. Having said that, all players must be like soldiers and do what they are asked to do . . . like it or not.

Imagine. Believe. Achieve.
Always Right #150380 05/25/11 12:14 AM
throw in
throw in
This game v. Wando in 2009 Lower State displays Irmo quickness/speed that they have been famous for in past championships. I know other teams have picked up their coaching/skills/speed to get to Irmo's level, but maybe a factor is that excessive Irmo hype that gets them out of their game focus on championship Saturday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GroL10582Eg&NR=1

Last edited by usasoccer; 05/25/11 12:15 AM.
usasoccer #150381 05/26/11 12:10 AM
goal kick
goal kick
South Carolina soccer fans,

Everyone always talks about increasing the interest of soccer in both SC and the United States. Irmo's fan base is outstanding. It might make parents made and other teams upset.. but they are the best fans in the state! They may be rude, disrespectful and immature, but the fact is this fans appreciate the game more than any other school in state. It is a simple fact. It really is fans like Irmo's that will expand the game to their kids and generations to come. This obnoxious and annoying kids are actually a fine spectacle to observe during soccer games. Just check out this video of a poor Chelsea fan in a sea of the greatest fans in the world, Kopites, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yP5J9qD73rQ. At least Irmo is not to this level yet.

Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic.
gerrard15 #150382 05/26/11 12:23 AM
brace
brace
Sorry but you are blowing smoke to make yourself feel better about this! No true fans who "appreciate the game more than any other school in state" is rude to a team that won the Championship game before them.

gerrard15 #150383 05/26/11 12:24 AM
M
corner kick
corner kick
M
They may be obnoxious but they are faithful. I was at the games on Friday night and most of the day on Saturday and both day's crowds didn't seem to come near the crowd that came out to support Irmo. I realize from reading these threads that most of the people in attendance were NOT fans of Irmo and only wanted to witness yet another upset. SCHSL will miss Irmo if they fall from grace. $6500+fans x 8= a whole lot of something for high school soccer in South Carolina.

The Chief #150384 05/26/11 12:32 AM
S
goal
goal
S
Quote:

Sorry but you are blowing smoke to make yourself feel better about this! No true fans who "appreciate the game more than any other school in state" is rude to a team that won the Championship game before them.

me thinks his post was tongue in cheek...

sandman #150385 05/26/11 12:59 AM
goal kick
goal kick
The Chief, what idealistic world do you live in? So Carolina fans should respect Clemson every single year in football because Clemson has won more games and has a national championship? Wrong! Also, Irmo has won a ton of state championships; so any parent, player, or fan that has been rude to a Irmo soccer player, according to you, does not appreciate the game. You are simply wrong.

Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic.
world cup
world cup
Quote:

They may be obnoxious but they are faithful. I was at the games on Friday night and most of the day on Saturday and both day's crowds didn't seem to come near the crowd that came out to support Irmo. I realize from reading these threads that most of the people in attendance were NOT fans of Irmo and only wanted to witness yet another upset. SCHSL will miss Irmo if they fall from grace. $6500+fans x 8= a whole lot of something for high school soccer in South Carolina.

I agree Irmo fans do a great job of supporting their team, but the proximity of the state championship site helps their numbers.

If the state championship were held at Winthrop, Patriots Point or Furman, you would see big crowds supporting Northwestern, Wando and Riverside respectively.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
gerrard15 #150387 05/26/11 08:36 AM
brace
brace
I am talking about the way Irmo acted when Eastside was getting the awards for winning the game before them, not respecting Wando, alhough the disrespect shown to them during intros was not somthing to be proud of either(and could be fodder for other post but not my point here). I am not expecting Irmo to give any real grace to Wando but to come in and act rude (which is what they did from the posts and complaints I have seen) shows a lack of appreciation of the game. Contrast it with how Wando and Mauldin acted the night before! You know they were ready to battle but they waited until Hilton Head and Fort Mill got their mooment before they came into the stands and from what I saw they were in no way trying to disrupt the ceremony.

Last edited by The Chief; 05/26/11 10:00 AM.
The Chief #150388 05/26/11 01:09 PM
E
bench
bench
E
I was there and rather unbiased. But the chanting in unison of "Wando Sucks", and then the "Bulls***" chants when things didn't go their way made the Irmo student body and fanbase as a whole appear to be a bunch of spoiled brats.

But the caveat was later in the game when a Wando player was cramping up near the Irmo student section, and the taunting and berating of said player was in VERY poor taste.

I think everyone in the stadium who was unbiased, like myself, became a Wando fan over the course of the match.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard