Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
bench
bench
C
Quote:

didn't want to start a new thread, but when & why did u15+ stop playing spring?
i swear i saw u15+ play spring 2010.
i'm not in the loop.

Maybe the economy and club expenses had something to do with it and more families opted for the high school experience?

M
kick off
kick off
M
To answer this question it all depends on the level team that your child is placed at.
Some clubs seem to have it figured out - look at CESA & SCU, they are strong and consistent from top to bottom
At SCUMP if your kid gets placed on the A team - I suggest you jump aboard and hang on for the ride - you will get an extremely good value for your $$ compared to the B & C teams, you pay the same yet get more training time, free/secret/extra practices when the rest of the teams are still in limbo, you get the best coaches or at least the highest ranked coaches and you get the best practice times at the best practice fields.

S
goal
goal
S
Quote:

To answer this question it all depends on the level team that your child is placed at.
Some clubs seem to have it figured out - look at CESA & SCU, they are strong and consistent from top to bottom
At SCUMP if your kid gets placed on the A team - I suggest you jump aboard and hang on for the ride - you will get an extremely good value for your $$ compared to the B & C teams, you pay the same yet get more training time, free/secret/extra practices when the rest of the teams are still in limbo, you get the best coaches or at least the highest ranked coaches and you get the best practice times at the best practice fields.

mike you really do scump a diservice with that post as its untrue. the training is topnotch from top to bottom, that i do know.
but really, i know i watched u15+ classic/challenge last spring 2010...what has changed in this state?

Last edited by sandman; 06/03/11 03:17 AM.
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Keeping out of that argument...

but I'll at least help you with supported age groups today (and a bit more)

I know some form of 'gentlemen's agreement' is in place to avoid High School conflicts in spring, but not sure how official that is or the history behind it.
To be honest, I've never worried too much above U14 soccer (until now as our club grows older and larger).

The rules in place for various SCYS leagues however do support non spring play with official guidance.

President’s Medal Soccer League (PMSL) 2010-2011 Rules
3. Competition Division and Age Groups:
PMSL is comprised of U13 thru U18 classic boys and girls teams in the Fall Season.
PMSL is comprised of U13 thru U14 classic boys and girls teams in the Spring Season.

South Carolina State Challenge League (SCSCL) 2010-2011 League Rules and Guidelines
3. Competition Division and Age Groups:
SCSCL is comprised of U15 thru U18 challenge boys and girls teams in the Fall Season.
SCSCL is comprised of U13 thru U14 challenge boys and girls teams in the Spring Season.

In the lowcountry (existing LSYSA)
We know it does not support above U14 today but the rules have provision to (if desired, at least in fall)
2. AGE GROUPS:
LSYSA is comprised of U9 thru U18 boys and girls teams in the Fall Season.
LSYSA is comprised of U9 thru U14 boys and girls teams in the Spring Season.

Now what is interesting is SCYS is considering (proposing) a new Coastal League for next year and this was part of last weekend's SCYS Coastal District meeting in Charleston.
I know, I was there.

In its proposal we see this...

2. Competition Division and Age Groups:
Coastal is comprised of U9 thru U19 boys and girls teams in the fall season.
Coastal is comprised of U9 thru U14 boys and girls teams in the spring season.

Notable addition of U19 that answered a concern raised in another thread (at least for us on the Coast)

I do find it puzzling that we see on this board much debate about playing through High School season and naturally a sensitive subject (given primary audience).
Yet there seems to be (at least at face value) no support for those players who fail to make Varsity teams.
I can only imagine how many good players have to sit out at some of the larger schools in the spring.
In my short time in soccer administration, I would say I hear this complaint frequently and feel someone should offer something at a reasonable level of competition.
I know some clubs register tournament teams and/or play in house but should be worth evaluating again (at least).

We see kids abandon soccer for other sports and unless we provide services at every level for all players, I'm sure we will lose more.

Sorry sandman, still haven't answered your question about last spring.

satus quod perago validus - start and finish strong
M
kick off
kick off
M
Sandman I am really not trying to disservice anyone, I would like to see a more equitable distribution of training or a change in the fee structure (personally would prefer the training be a little more on the same level). Actually I may have did a disservice in not mentioning Cainhoy. Cainhoy is really doing a great thing for a small fee - truly amazing and hopefully you keep up the good work. But getting back to Sandman, I simply point out the facts, the fees are the same per age group/league but the training time is not. The top teams practice longer. Has any crescent team practiced since their last game? I would be willing to say no, while their is only 1 team that still should be practicing, I would say there has been more than 1 of the top teams practicing. I think it is great for the top teams, would just like to see the same effort in the other teams without having to ask, beg, petition etc. I am not saying that some of the lower teams coaches are not as good as the top team coaches, I am just saying that some will never know - would it be too radical to see the DOC's coach a team other than the top ones?

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Very good point..
How do you measure a coach's potential when they are handed the best players?
I would love to see a DOC take on a classic team..I think it would show their support for the club as a whole..

G
corner kick
corner kick
G
Quote:

Very good point..
How do you measure a coach's potential when they are handed the best players?
I would love to see a DOC take on a classic team..I think it would show their support for the club as a whole..

lol. now that's funny.lol.a doc taking a classic team.lol.their egos would get in the way.lol.

S
goal
goal
S
mike, good points & i now agree with you.
that does make sense.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
It'll never happen...I feel a DOC's position is to form a standardized coaching plan for the club so the practices do look more uniformed..
He/she would hire and train coaches and follow different teams on weekends to evaluate how the teams and coaches are doing..DOC's should not be coaching teams..They should be training coaches and fulfilling the needs of teams within the club..From premier all the way down to rec ball.But who wants that job?

Last edited by coldhardtruth; 06/03/11 04:38 PM.
B
brace
brace
B
The truth is, the "best" trainers should be working with younger age groups.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard