Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
B
brace
brace
B
Forgive me. If it's not THAT serious, how serious is it? If it's not serious, why should anyone respond to criticism of it?
Me? I have no problem with ANY such list, as long as its authors have actually seen the kids play, or will readily admit that they HAVEN'T seen all of them, or even MOST of them, this season.
Multiple LIVE or VIDEO observations is the only relevant credential in rating players. "List By Reputation" or "List By Statistics" is irrelevant.
Earlier this season, I commented that one inclusion on the weekly boys' list wasn't among the top handful of players ON HIS TEAM, much less statewide. I assume the girls' list has the same value.
All in good fun, eh?

goal
goal
Oh, what the heck, I'll give it a shot.

Backscreen, we're talking about a poster whose screen name is wakaflockamyers, who states his occupation is Rappin, Trappin, Making Hits, and says things like "SMH!,"You need some Duplins and a Loud Pack to calm you down!" "VeryFastmyFriend KYS!!!!!!!" and "I've assembled a team ranging from all levels of high school soccer around the state from the streets of Marbolo County through the boat ramps of Lake Murray and Chapin over the bridge into my country land of Mt. Pleasant! We have weekly conference calls and video is reviewed every weekend and countless hours goes into these rankings! If your not good enough to be considered, Work harded you'll get there one day hopefully."

And you're asking about credentials?

Let me preface the following with an apology, for the level of seriousness with which you appear to be taking all this makes me think of a saying: Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.

I have to believe wacka is sitting somewhere laughing his butt off.

C
Coach
Online Content
Coach
C
I'll wear it every day!

I've got good news and bad news...
Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
Well, Belligerent you seem to have become one of my many followers! I appreciate you doing research on me revamping some of my greatest quotes! I give good information and have a extensive knowledge base when it comes to High School Soccer! Stay Thirsty

C
Coach
Online Content
Coach
C
Belligerent,

Unless you personally observed Wakaflockameyers laughing his butt off, or have seen and can produce video of said laughing fit, I'm afraid we have to call your assessment into question. I'm sure there are those who have laughed more of their butt off, or some who have laughed some of their butt farther off, and it could be that his butt isn't really off at all, so without a direct means of comparative observation, your statement is invalid.

I've got good news and bad news...
B
brace
brace
B
Belligerent, we'll just agree to disagree on this one. But I'll make you a deal. Tell me that any of the list-makers has actually SEEN every kid on the list play THIS SEASON (much less, recently), and I'll buy in.

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Question.... when my daughter adds this wonderful recognition to her soccer resume, is it best to leave in the "presented by FAWGs" or do you think she should leave that part out?

goal kick
goal kick
Since the message board was gettin alittle stale, I just wanted to stir it up ...It worked!!You guys have many good points and again,its all about the girls!!Wacas done a great job gettin out and seeing all the girls around the state!!And chief you always have the best comebacks !!Today is graduation,so its a great day for us!!

Relax...breathe,then bust it!!
Q
throw in
throw in
Q
Backscreen...have you seen all the girls play? Maybe you can create a list so we can really understand who are the best in the state!!

In all ranking systems there can be arguments about who should be number one or number eight. I don't know if you watch ESPN, but you can switch it on and watch paid professionals argue about the BCS, March Madness seeds etc. Bottom line is everyone has opinions, but the fact is these rankings are pretty good.

If you know anything at all about girl's soccer and these girls you might understand. I have personally seen 17 of the top 20 this year and 19 out of twenty in the past couple years. Like I said earlier there can always be a discrepancy between rankings, but let me shed a little light.

Number 1: Sara Manesiotis won the state championship in 3A soccer as well as the Viking Cup all the in the same year. If you don’t know there once was something known the “Viking Cup Curse” which illustrates just how hard it is to do. I think only two other schools (Riverside and Wando) have completed this task. Though Sara has lettered in multiple sports at Hilton Head; she was still able to make all-region, all-state, Clash and the Viking Cup All Tournament team in soccer alone. But the goal Sara scored in the state championship game is easily her star to fame. That goal was the best goal of all of Friday’s contests and was easily second best for the whole weekend (sorry Sara, FM’s first goal was SICK). This goal will not only be the last thing we remember about Hilton Head’s Sara Manesiotis, but it also was the winning goal of the 2011 3A State Championship!!!

Number 2: Amelia Henderson is the starting goalkeeper for WANDO! If you don’t know who Wando is they are not only a low-country powerhouse, but also a State’s. Not to mention Mauldin’s worse nightmare!! As a senior, Amelia Henderson captured three State Championships in the last four years. No small task for a net minder. Henderson finished with 20 shut-outs (I think) including one in the STATE CHAMPIOSNHIP! She is an all-region, all-state, Viking Cup all-tournament team and Clash player. And the only game Amelia lost as a senior…the Viking Cup semifinal game to no other then Hilton Head Island. I know what you might be thinking…maybe she isn’t that great and just has good players in front of her; WRONG! The state championship summed that up, where she came up big several times for the lady warriors including taking a knee to the head.

Number 3: Gracieeeeeeee Boswell! 3 Upper state titles and one state championship in Boswell’s resume is defiantly not too shabby. Literally can play any position on the field; I know this because I watched with my own two eyes as she played forward for most of her career, but wasn’t afraid to take the helm of the defense in the 2011 Viking Cup. Gracie is easily a state wide favorite because of her easy going attitude, but lethal goal scoring ability. Just ask Riverside who put their 4A state championship hopes to rest! In Mav country the girl is a legend. She will also be joining the first two on the list at the Clash in July! Boswell is an all-state, all-region, all tournament team selection for the Viking Cup (two years and two different positions). And you would be happy to know that all bloggers of the scsoccer message board can watch Gracie in action under the Video thread of the Upper state championship!

If you want to know about any of the rest of the rankings I will try my hardest to help. Please Backscreen don’t take these comments too literally because I am not a professional nor am I any of the team’s statistician.

And no I did not mention anything about club ball…this is the high school thread!!

**I also apologize if I left any awards out from the players bios, feel free to add!

B
brace
brace
B
I'm waiting for someone here (with any credibility) to state that he/she has seen all of these young ladies play on multiple occasions THIS SEASON. Why multiple occasions? Because ANYONE can look good or bad in a single match. That's why college recruiters in all sports take multiple looks -- to get a complete picture.
QM, you've come as close as anyone to having seen them all. And the cases you make are fine.
Conversely, on the boys' side, I HAVE seen just about all of the names on the weekly lists in multiple venues/competitions. I can tell you that, over the season, the lists abjectly failed by either inclusion or exclusion to be accurate, or even particularly informed. One week, a kid who was INJURED moved UP on the list.
If you're going to post this kind of list, be ready for give and take. And be ready to defend it with something more than cool pictures and graphics.

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard