Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
goal
goal
S
as a kid, i spent a few yrs in little league & beyond & my parents pobably spent $20.
they couldn't begin to understand todays bs.

what would todays soccer coaches be doing if they weren't getting the buck$ from todays parents?

they would still be coaching our kids.

N
Throw In
Throw In
N
and sandman....i am old enough to remember those heavy wool uniforms we wore in baseball....most kids wore sneakers...puma clyde's cost $20 and my father said that since he could get a perfectly good pair of keds for $6, i would have to earn the difference and pay it out of my own pocket...man those were the days.........

S
goal
goal
S
remember when kids would actually get pickup games going?
i would bet that 90% of todays high $ club playing yutes have never played a p/u game of the sport they "love"

when i was real young, pf flyers seemed to do the trick for every sport.

G
corner kick
corner kick
G
i remember the shoes i wanted, they were pro keds,red suede with a rubber bottom. my dad said no, he got me a pair of converse fastbreaks with the plastic soles. first time i wore them on the dusty court, i went to stop and slid right into the bleachers.

G
kick off
kick off
G
If my son and his friends are any indication, your 10 percent estimate playing pickup might be a little low. They often send out word on Facebook and text messages to gather at a local field in the club and school off-season (basically summer and Christmas breaks). It's a fun way for kids that started together on Y teams and now are on various club or school teams to get back together. Sometimes I think they'd get just as much enjoyment if they substituted those games for the entire club season of practices and games, and I'd save a lot of money.

M
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
M
Quote:

What facts am I altering? All I did was present facts

Uniform costs are on a rotation so if this is the year you have to buy then it costs you more

the start up fee of 200 that goes to the team I presume pays for tournaments and other stuff, BUT it clearly states there is a monthly coach expense fee in addition to it.

All I presented was the costs as shown in their respective clubs

A fee that is "additional" in one club, may be included in another. For example I saw in some cases ref fees are included and in other they are part of the additional fees

So if you want to compare apples to apples, make sure they are not granny smith to red delicious.

Just checked the CESA site. The $675 is a club fee. It incluces:
 3 CESA Training Tops
 2 Nights of Training per Week for Classic Player
 3 Nights of Training per Week for Challenge Player and Premier Player
 Goalkeeping Sessions
 Additional Position Specific Functional Training Nights
 SC Youth Soccer Registration Fees
 Referee Fees
 League Fee
 State Cup Fee
 CESA College Advisory Program (CAP) Registration Fee
 US Club Soccer Registration Fees

The $200 is a team fee which goes to the cost of tournaments, travel, etc.

The uniform kit is $212 which changes every three years. Looks from the info on the site that CESA's uniform will be in its 2nd year.

So, if you are going to compare CESA's cost with SC United and SCUMP, the $675 is the number to use for comparison. It is interesting to find that there is such a cost differential between SC United and SCUMP. Looks like playing in MP is a bargain (good club, great opportunities), although I'm not sure if their fee includes all that the other two do.

G
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
G
I saw today that SCUMP summer training is an extra $40 per week. That could add up.

M
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
M
Quote:

I saw today that SCUMP summer training is an extra $40 per week. That could add up.

Is the summer training optional?

S
goal
goal
S
yes, it runs to august with mornings & evening sessions.
its a good flexible option, until teams start in august i think.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard