Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
bench
bench
S
Fortunately, I have never met the gentleman. He is obviously a soccer genius and has his own opinions when it comes to the game. We live in a country that allows freedom of speech and he is welcome to spew his venom as he pleases. I spent a lifetime defending those freedoms so I am okay with it. Probably one of the flag burner types that hides behind the moniker listed. He does have a lot of posts on here so that makes him knowledgeable in whatever he is talking about.

S
goal
goal
S
nothing personal, just typical.

i'm impressed you went all defended my freedom & flag burner on me tho....good stretch

off to gw college soccer with you

M
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
M
Just a question. How do they come up which schools are north and which are south? Some are obvious, but how did they decide to put Aiken, Lexington and most of Columbia with the South? Is it the same every year?

world cup
world cup
It follows the SCHSL classification. Every two years they reshuffle. This year, Aiken & Lex are in regions in the lowerstate, thus, they play for the South.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
goal
goal
Surprised with all of the success that CESA has had through the years that the "South" teams seem to have the upper hand recently. Boys have won last 2 and girls are 2-1-1 in last 4. What gives? Is there a SC United influence since they are the title sponsor? Not criticizing anyone, but definitely wondering aloud!

You may disagree, but you're wrong!
M
bench
bench
M
Pretty funny that Sandman is such an "expert" on this board even though his kid doesn't even play club or high school soccer. Why do you have to be hating on ssoles, who wasn't being rude, wasn't bragging, etc? And, when it was brought to your attention that you misread the post (or chose not to read it), you weren't big enough to apologize. Just kept hating. Grow up.

S
goal
goal
S
didn't misread & isn't it funny that i am still amused about the typical bragging boorish watercooler parent.
i do apoligize for my odd sense of humor. btw, my kids in club & i served in the wartime military...what else genius?
didn't claim to be a soccer expert, just not suffering parents & their bs lightly, get too much of that on the field & in the office with many sports.
hey, lets turn this board into parental bragging bs, that would be fun

oh well, off to gw college soccer you go..

Last edited by sandman; 06/14/11 02:22 AM.
D
Goal
Goal
D
sounds like sour grapes and frustration "bs"... always fun to read.

SSoles, sorry to hear about the injury. Off to GW for some college soccer? Congratulations to Katie, I look forward to watching her play in the Fall. And congratulations to you for watching 4 years of club and HS and waiting until it was all over to enter your first post on this forum. She deserved greater recognition for her game much earlier in her career.

S
bench
bench
S
Delta,
Always a class act, Good luck to Caroline and Catie and we will see you somewhere down the soccer trail.

B
brace
brace
B
Since when is having a kid playing club or high school soccer a necessary qualification for expertise ... or the right to comment? Indeed, some might suggest that having a child in the mix necessarily taints one's perspective.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard