Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
D
Goal
Goal
D
Since Sandman concurred in his response... "btw, my kids in club..."?

B
brace
brace
B
Perhaps I shouldn't have put that "in the form of a question."

B
brace
brace
B
Regardless, I watched the North-South games. My conclusion? A nice way for a bunch of kids -- many of whom will never play a minute of college soccer -- to wrap up their high school careers. Nothing wrong with that.

D
Goal
Goal
D
Totally agree, nothing wrong with that, and I don't see anyone making a comment here that disagrees. I definately don't see the bragging sandman claims. Maybe some understandable disappointment that after being honored with selection to an all-star game one of those HS careers ended unexpectedly 20 seconds in and so, oh well, off to the next chapter.

B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
ssoles initial post did sound a bit pompous, as if he thought his daughter was a "shoe in" for MVP, but sandman's kid must have wanted an offer from GW, but did not get it.

K
goal kick
goal kick
K
It's crazy that an all-star games has kids in which "many of whom will never play a minute of college soccer." Either South Carolina clubs aint getting it done producing female players or kids are just tired of soccer that much. I'm guessing the former......but folks will profess the latter.

B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
Quote:

It's crazy that an all-star games has kids in which "many of whom will never play a minute of college soccer." Either South Carolina clubs aint getting it done producing female players or kids are just tired of soccer that much. I'm guessing the former......but folks will profess the latter.

It really appears to be both. SC Clubs are for the most part (especially on the girls side) not producing any big time college players, but also, I have seen over the past few years many very good players either stop playing Club altogether (or many that want to) and I am talking about Premier, Challenge and Classic players. The usual reason- tired of the travel and every weekend games.

A good case in point- CESA 92, had barely enough to field a U18 team this season. Lost basically the entire Challenge team (from U17-U18) and quite a few Premier players.

O
throw in
throw in
O
I disagree. High school soccer does not have a system in place that allows the top female soccer players to play in these games. From what I have observed many of these players are seniors... what if the player doesn't play for a high school that is known for soccer? or what if the player graduates early? They never get the chance to play in these games. Before reading my next statment, I am in no way trying to take away from any of the players who made the teams this year. Congrats to all of them! Well deserved and we are proud of you! Most high school coaches do the nominations. So much comes into play here: what if the coach isn't on the committee?, what if the coach doesn't attend the meeting?, what if the coach doesn't nominate any player? whose parent has done the most for the team? who is the most politically correct player? who played for the coach's club throughout their high school careers? Too many politics here to mention. I would love to go and watch a game that has all of the players from our state who have committed to play collegiately all play together without having the requirement of being a "senior" as a stipulation. There are many up and coming high school age club players from several SC clubs that could play in a game like this. Do you know how many younger girls from across our state would love to go and see this game? To see that playing college soccer is a definite possibility? It would be amazing to see the best players from our state play!!! I would say the current games celebrate and honor many high school players and this is a lovely tradition. Additionally, is there a way to honor and celebrate high school players who are moving on to play at the next level, too?

O
throw in
throw in
O
There are some future "big time" female college players that have been produced in several SC clubs. You don't know them because high school doesn't promote them!

World Cup
Online Content
World Cup
The following girls senior soccer players participated in the North-South Soccer Classic and have plans to play college soccer:

NORTH (7)
Whitney Emerson, Wren - Gardner-Webb University
Caroline Gillespie, J.L. Mann - USC Aiken
Grace Lancaster, Spartanburg - Mars Hill College
Taylor Patti, Clover - Presbyterian College
Devin Puckett, York - Winthrop University
Nicollete Rigon, Spring Valley - USC Aiken
Katie Soles, Pickens - Gardner-Webb University

SOUTH (7)
Kendall Bacon, Summerville - Southern Wesleyan University
Brooke Domingo, Stratford - North Greenville University
Emma Faubert, Aiken - Charleston Southern University