Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
goal
goal
S
teenage boys have that overabundance of testosterone thing to keep them coming back every season.
as girls get older, from hs freshman on up, it really takes an effort to get many back on the pitch from season to season.
so many of their friends have dropped out of sports by this age & they notice the fun they are missing out on.
so, ya, i can understand many top talents just say the heck with that by college or before.
girls are more social, boys are more competitave, nature of the beast.
i think sc clubs do a great job with the girls, maybe better than the boys.

S
goal
goal
S
Quote:

The following girls senior soccer players participated in the North-South Soccer Classic and have plans to play college soccer:

NORTH (7)
Whitney Emerson, Wren - Gardner-Webb University
Caroline Gillespie, J.L. Mann - USC Aiken
Grace Lancaster, Spartanburg - Mars Hill College
Taylor Patti, Clover - Presbyterian College
Devin Puckett, York - Winthrop University
Nicollete Rigon, Spring Valley - USC Aiken
Katie Soles, Pickens - Gardner-Webb University

SOUTH (7)
Kendall Bacon, Summerville - Southern Wesleyan University
Brooke Domingo, Stratford - North Greenville University
Emma Faubert, Aiken - Charleston Southern University
Hilary Ferguson, West Ashley - Lander University
Franki Jumper, Swansea - North Greenville University
Haley Meredith, Swansea - Erskine College
Chelsie Mummert, Summerville - USC Beaufort

just for grins, whats the boys look like?

K
goal kick
goal kick
K
Quote:

I disagree. High school soccer does not have a system in place that allows the top female soccer players to play in these games. From what I have observed many of these players are seniors... what if the player doesn't play for a high school that is known for soccer? or what if the player graduates early? They never get the chance to play in these games. Before reading my next statment, I am in no way trying to take away from any of the players who made the teams this year. Congrats to all of them! Well deserved and we are proud of you! Most high school coaches do the nominations. So much comes into play here: what if the coach isn't on the committee?, what if the coach doesn't attend the meeting?, what if the coach doesn't nominate any player? whose parent has done the most for the team? who is the most politically correct player? who played for the coach's club throughout their high school careers? Too many politics here to mention. I would love to go and watch a game that has all of the players from our state who have committed to play collegiately all play together without having the requirement of being a "senior" as a stipulation. There are many up and coming high school age club players from several SC clubs that could play in a game like this. Do you know how many younger girls from across our state would love to go and see this game? To see that playing college soccer is a definite possibility? It would be amazing to see the best players from our state play!!! I would say the current games celebrate and honor many high school players and this is a lovely tradition. Additionally, is there a way to honor and celebrate high school players who are moving on to play at the next level, too?

OK. Please list those that got "snubbed" and the college they'll be playing at. And, I'd like to see the list from the last few years as well if anyone has it.

I think we'll find that the state just isn't producing players that go on and, not just practice on a roster, but have an impact at a good D-I level. Are there some? Probably. But enough from an entire state? No.

B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
Quote:

Quote:

It's crazy that an all-star games has kids in which "many of whom will never play a minute of college soccer." Either South Carolina clubs aint getting it done producing female players or kids are just tired of soccer that much. I'm guessing the former......but folks will profess the latter.

It really appears to be both. SC Clubs are for the most part (especially on the girls side) not producing any big time college players, but also, I have seen over the past few years many very good players either stop playing Club altogether (or many that want to) and I am talking about Premier, Challenge and Classic players. The usual reason- tired of the travel and every weekend games.

A good case in point- CESA 92, had barely enough to field a U18 team this season. Lost basically the entire Challenge team (from U17-U18) and quite a few Premier players.

2010 Final Women's Top 25
-- First-place votes in parentheses --

Rank School Record Pts LW
1 Notre Dame (16) 21-2-2 400 7
2 Stanford 23-1-2 384 1
3 Boston College 17-7-1 350 10
4 North Carolina 19-3-2 325 4
5 Ohio State 17-5-2 311 18t
6 Oklahoma State 20-4-2 304 8
7 Portland 19-1-2 297 2
8 Florida State 16-6-1 275 11
9 Virginia 15-5-2 269 6
10 Maryland 18-2-3 259 4
11 Florida 19-2-3 225 5
12 Marquette 16-5-3 210 12
13 Georgetown 15-7-2 177 nr
14 California-Irvine 19-3-2 174 18t
15 Washington 13-9-2 170 nr
16 West Virginia 18-5-1 168 16
17 Texas A&M 15-5-3 128 9
18 Oregon State 16-4-1 115 15
19 Minnesota 14-6-3 102 nr
20 South Carolina 15-6-4 96 13
21 UCLA 13-8-2 89 24
22 Wake Forest 13-8-3 85 14
23 Santa Clara 13-7-2 72 21
24 Duke 11-8-4 65 nr
25 (tie) Brigham Young 16-3-3 45 17
25 (tie) Southern California 13-6-3 45 22

That is your list of 2010 Women's College Top 25.
While there is absolutely nothing wrong with the schools listed in this thread that the young ladies will be playing at, by my definition "Big Time" would include many of the above Top 25.

Occasionally this state will send someone to a USC or Clemson, but it is not on a consistent basis sending players to "Big Time" soccer schools? Why? High School football is sending players to "Big Time" college football schools. Basketball is doing it. Baseball is doing it. Golf is doing it. Again- Why?

goal kick
goal kick
Bomber ,Soccerpop,whatever it is today...you really do need to get that chip off your shoulder,its starting to blend in with your head!!So what did your good buddy at RHS do for his players to get in any "Big Time" college schools??Hummm,not much!!Yea ,I think my daughter could have played D1 soccer,but he turned her off to it with his preferential treatment.Her Cesa coach didnt play his favorites or hold her to a higher standard than other players.It was all Cesa helping to get the recognition these young ladies deserve.There are many H.S. coaches that go the extra yard to help their players!!Support,support,support....dont hate,hate,hate...its ugly!!

Relax...breathe,then bust it!!
B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
Boy, you've got it so wrong Transplant.

No hate, simply an observation.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard