Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 25 of 36 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 35 36
Brace
Brace
Quote:

Quote:

Didn't BC and Norman North have the longest rest from yesterday? Hmmm. That's odd. Shouldn't it be the other way around? Lets keep some integrity in the games. I lost some respect for this tournament today. Irmo and CN should be pissed. What a joke.

Man! Wando just got through playing. Now they have to play at 5:00. Wando should be pissed. What a joke.

Had Bishop England been in the running, the Bishops would play at 1 then at 5 for the final. Fort Mill is also in the 1:00 match, and IF they win they WILL be playing in the final at 5. For comparison purposes, in the Carolina Soccer Classic teams were playing at 10:30. Had the teams playing at 10:30 been in contention for the championship, they would have turned around and played at 1:00.

Additionally, Irmo was in school this week and unable to play matches during the day. Irmo and Cardinal Newman requested to play each other if at all possible. Thus far, this was the showcase match of the tournament. If you were there, you experienced the atmosphere. Please remember that the schedules are made far ahead of the contest, and per the tournament officials (which I am not - I'm here to assist in the sports information side of the event for the SC High School Coaches Association) the scheduling needs of all 10 schools involved are accomodated as best they can.

In reality, the teams who suffered the most in this year's Palmetto cup were Christ Church and Norman North (OK). Due to no fault of their own, neither can compete in the championship but both were in the running. The attendance and box office gate typically suffers when B-C play their matches at 2:00, but they are on Spring Break this week. Last night's match was one of the best ever in 20 years of this event. Thank you for your comments, though. They continue to promote the beautiful game in this great state.

Brace
Brace
GOAL!!! Bishop England 1:0 Fort Mill ('21)

C
kick off
kick off
C
@ Soccer Troll

Did you not read further down the thread and see that I corrected myself. I actually manned up, admitted I was wrong, and changed my post, something that most of the posters on here will not do. I just questioned the scheduling. Your shot at me just shows how childish a troll can be. Go back to whatever bridge you crawled out from.

M
corner kick
corner kick
M
How can you say that Christ Church, "through no fault of their own", cannot play in the final? The team chose not to so the boys can attend their prom. If that's not their fault, whose fault is it?

Last edited by GSDad; 04/14/12 05:31 PM.
Brace
Brace
The Battling Bishops are living up to their name in the first half, outshooting the Yellow Jackets 3 to 1 thus far. Both teams are leaving it on the pitch. Each team have had one caution: BE's Brian Byrne (23'), and Walker Johnson (32') from Fort Mill. The Bishops have been whistled for 6 fouls to the Jackets 3. Halftime is fast approaching, still 1-0 to Bishop England.

Brace
Brace
"Through no fault of their own..." refers to the fact that their prom was tonight. It had nothing to do with them having a choice to attend or not to attend. The date for the tournament was set almost a year ago. Not sure when Christ Church officials set the date for prom. The same scenario happened a couple years ago to Farragut (TN), and they were given no choice in the matter.

Thank you for your comments.
Quote:

How can you say that Christ Church, "through no fault of their own", cannot play in the final? The team chose not to so the boys can attend their prom. If that's not their fault, whose fault is it?

Brace
Brace
Halftime - Bishop England 1:0 Fort Mill

Brace
Brace
Just over an hour played in today's last match of regular play, and Fort Mill have picked up the pace. They have outshot the Bishops 10-6. But it is still 1-0 in favor of BE.

L
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
L
The biggest shame is the that Norman wasnt eligible to play in final- its obvious that Norman and Wando are the two best in the tournament -

Brace
Brace
GOAL!!! Bishop England 2:0 Fort Mill (73')

The Yellow Jackets goalkeeper fails to pick up a loose ball in the area near the end line under little or no pressure, but the Bishops' Brian Byrne was nearby and collected the loose ball. He took a step to his left and directed the ball right into the back of the net for a far too easy goal. Looks like Irmo vs. Wando for the championship unless Fort Mill can get three goals in six minutes.

Page 25 of 36 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 35 36

Link Copied to Clipboard