Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Goal
Goal
Mom,

Unfortunately, this is the norm around this time of the year. Some posters slam these young kids constantly.

This is why there needs to be more moderation and some banning. No one wants to come on here and and see a 15 year old HS student be ripped apart.

B
brace
brace
B
Much less, ripped apart ANONYMOUSLY.

Goal
Goal
Quote:

Calling players out period. As an IRMO parent and booster I hope this group of young men takes your criticism and uses it as motivation. Let the games begin! Good luck to all the teams and especially all the Seniors!

In all seriousness you know how much trash the people from "IRMO" talk each year? I don't know if they're fanboys, alumni, whatever...and, personally, I don't care. Manchester gives us all a documented diatribe about every match for Christ sake.

They're the team everyone loves to hate...

I mean the fact that you capitalize every letter in the word Irmo...give me a break. They're also the team lighting up a HS soccer state championship event with more booze, misguided teen bravado and asinine fan support than a USC home game. Except for the last three years, Carolina has been able to win a tough game...

Don't be that wiener parent that can dish it out but can't take it. Nobody likes that guy. It's all too common in our society today, especially from people who think they're something that they are not.

Just...

(say it with me now)

Shut^&Play

You'd be a lot better off.

shut^&play #153054 02/02/12 08:56 PM
M
corner kick
corner kick
M
Little boy( and GOD I hope you are a little boy),

I don't ever get on this message board and say anything about IRMO or any other team that is not positive. Unfortunately, people like you feel the need to verbally attack and call out young people. You are what is wrong with society today, people who think they can say anything while hiding behind a screen name on a computer! You need to go find your momma and get her to teach you about respect!

T
kick off
kick off
T
Quote:

Little boy( and GOD I hope you are a little boy),

I don't ever get on this message board and say anything about IRMO or any other team that is not positive. Unfortunately, people like you feel the need to verbally attack and call out young people. You are what is wrong with society today, people who think they can say anything while hiding behind a screen name on a computer! You need to go find your momma and get her to teach you about respect!

Nice statement from someone called "momofboywholovessoccer"!

Play Hard or Go Home!
Trisoc4 #153056 02/02/12 09:48 PM
B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Everyone knows who she is....and she has never made a negative post in the 6 or 7 years I've known her.

The issue isn't screen names. Its people hiding behind a screen name and then lobbing firebombs intended only to disrespect.

And hey, I'm not an Irmo fan either. I understand the haters....also understand the traditions of Irmo and can respect that. If your a hater then the best thing you can do is what Enzo and Northwestern did......beat it. Year after year.

But don't get on here and trash kids. They are good players and don't deserve that.

Big Daddy #153057 02/03/12 03:10 PM
S
corner kick
corner kick
S
Quote:

Everyone knows who she is....and she has never made a negative post in the 6 or 7 years I've known her.

...and everyone who knows her can attest there are very few parents as passionate about youth soccer in this state and the kids and parents involved. She cheers loudly for her team but never speaks negatively of others. I am not an Irmo kid/parent but my son, at one point played on a club team with her son. She is a class act and admired by many.

momofboy - Don't worry about some of the clowns on this fourm - Like my grandmother used to say - consider the source!

throw in
throw in
Quote:

Who is going to win the Lower State Championship?

Isn't this ^^^ the topic of this thread? I don't see where it says "Give your shallow/negative evaluation of the players on teams that could potentially win state." If you would like to rep your school/players then that's all well and good... but there is no point in trying to bring down other schools/players in the process.

There are plenty of schools with a handful of talented players that could take home the title... and yes, as always, Irmo is a contender. Wando also has a strong returning class as well as Fort Dorchester. There are arguments to be made for each of the top 10.

If you've been around HS soccer long enough you know that success is not just based on talent... but also the chemistry, heart, and pride of the team. I look forward to another competitive season of HS soccer in SC. Should be fun to watch the powerhouses have to dig in and step up again.

Thank you to all those that are using this forum the way it is intended to be used.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard