Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
G
throw in
throw in
G
With regards to the original post. The Ref that allowed the questionable penalty is a National Ref and does MLS games. He is a very highly qualified Ref. I think that winning team was up 10 or 12 to nothing when the penalty was called. If the winning teams goalie was devastated, imagine how the losing teams keeper felt. In addition, the winning team showed very little signs of letting up until the very end. Did the Ref call a penalty that is somewhat questionable? Maybe. But who really cares. It did not change or influence the outcome of the game. It did however bring a smile to the faces of the losing team. Remember, it is a game.

Hobo Offline OP
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
Giggs, are you really that stupid. Or are you an idiot. The refs JOB that he is paid to do is call the game according to the rules. PERIOD! And if you would have read the original post, you would see that the ref said there was no foul. He just wanted to give a goal to the other team. I pray and hope your not a ref to.

Last edited by Hobo; 03/24/12 04:17 AM.

That there is an RV Clark......
G
throw in
throw in
G
Too-To-Two... Each has it's own use. Being called stupid or an idiot by someone who doesn't know the difference..... Priceless.

G
throw in
throw in
G
Hey, Hobo I got Giggs figured out. He was one of those guys who never played sports so now he is an adult he wants to be a ref so he can get back at every athlete who is successful.

Running with the big dogs
goal kick
goal kick
I have a kid that plays soccer for her school. I have a husband that refs high school soccer. Lord I hear it from both sides! I try to not criticize the refs because I KNOW there are times they can't see from the pitch that we can from the stands but some of the calls I have seen this year have REALLY shocked me. Both FOR and AGAINST our team. We have played a few games in one certain area that the biased has been so obvious it isn't even funny- including high fiving the other teams after the games (we won the games despite the calling)which is EXTREMELY unprofessional. Sometimes refs make bad calls- sometimes they make stupid calls-but I will state here what I tell the parents that are obnoxious at our games- take the [censored] class- buy the whistle- call the games and stay out of the stands. Otherwise- watch your team- cheer for your kid- praise good plays from either side- and let them play.

'A ten-foot keeper really should have stopped that' -Ron Atkinson
B
bench
bench
B
I saw a ref yesterday single-handedly destroy my daughters teams' opportunity for a tournament title at the BC tournament with a terrible pk call which was ultimately a great slide tackle. Everyone that saw it, except the idiot in the middle, agreed. It was awful. What is our recourse against these people?

C
Cav Offline
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
C
Go become a ref so you can make perfect calls all the time.

Score is Silver, Art is Gold!
B
brace
brace
B
Actually, Cav, the question is somewhat legitimate. Was an evaluator/assigner present? As I assume the answer is no, is there any legitimate recourse for a coach, or at least, a venue to ask questions?
Nobody expects officials to be perfect. But some are MUCH better than others, and some simply shouldn't be getting any assignments.

L
Goal
Goal
L
the parents are more the problem than bad refs
stop bashing and encourage your player to give it their all and rise above bad calls

I
goal
goal
I
We should cut and paste this thread every year... same junk, same thinking, same issues, every year.

Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard