Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
I
goal
goal
I
arrgy, needs to keep his low post total and stay quite.

Hobo, the examples I think of, are the same... refs making and not making calls because of the time or place, or score. None of that matters, nor should it.

JL MANN game last year, the keeper "out of her box", slides down to block a shot from charging foward, she gets it with her arms, no doubt what so ever... ref calls nothing... only mins left. Are you kidding me?

She was 5 yards outside the 18, and it was hit just like they do with their hands and arms in the box... NO CALL, come one.

arrgy was that you?

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

"If a player decides to take a free kick quickly and an opponent who is less than 10 yards from the ball intercepts it, the referee must allow play to continue."

Where did this quote come from?

S
bench
bench
S
As a player, the manner in which parents and fans criticize referees is completely unacceptable. Yelling things such as "YOU SUCK," to the referee has no positive impact. What everyone needs to understand is that most players truly don't care about the refs. Just like the weather and field conditions, the referees are just another obstacle in the game. Players understand that if your team is good enough, you should win...no matter the circumstances. In the heat of the moment, players may complain and argue, but we are all competitive. I feel that if this topic were truly an issue, players would be complaining...not biased, overprotective parents.
And Hobo. How about you check your posts for grammatical errors before you post. I can't even read them without forgetting what your original argument was.

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

arrgy, needs to keep his low post total and stay quite.

Hobo, the examples I think of, are the same... refs making and not making calls because of the time or place, or score. None of that matters, nor should it.

JL MANN game last year, the keeper "out of her box", slides down to block a shot from charging foward, she gets it with her arms, no doubt what so ever... ref calls nothing... only mins left. Are you kidding me?

She was 5 yards outside the 18, and it was hit just like they do with their hands and arms in the box... NO CALL, come one.

arrgy was that you?

The keeper outside of the penalty area is like any other player and should be called for handling if she uses her hands or arms to play the ball. It should be a direct free kick from the spot of the foul. (Although I've actually seen referees incorrectly award an indirect kick for this infraction.)

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

...Just like the weather and field conditions, the referees are just another obstacle in the game...

Well said soccergirl. I need you to help me teach my players to have that attitude.

Hobo Offline OP
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
Quote:

And Hobo. How about you check your posts for grammatical errors before you post. I can't even read them without forgetting what your original argument was.

If u r a plar dat means u shewd b in school. So shut up and lisen to de teecher. But I imagine u r someone hiding behind another name. especelee sinc dis is ur first post. And players r complaneing. So I dowt u r a "player", maybe a want to be player.

That there is an RV Clark......
S
bench
bench
S
Haha, that's cute. Maybe at my school, I actually learn an education. But really, just proving a point. This is why it's pointless to argue with adults. They are mostly Idiots who think they're always right and just shoot anyone down who proves them wrong. Just because I'm more mature than a "Hobo," doesn't mean I'm a poser.

R
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
R
SoccerGirl for President.

S
kick off
kick off
S
WOW.....Just signed up this week on the message board to try and gather some info and keep up with SC HS soccer. If this is the info type that flows all of the time on here have not been missing anything.

S
goal
goal
S
Quote:

As a player, the manner in which parents and fans criticize referees is completely unacceptable. Yelling things such as "YOU SUCK," to the referee has no positive impact. What everyone needs to understand is that most players truly don't care about the refs. Just like the weather and field conditions, the referees are just another obstacle in the game. Players understand that if your team is good enough, you should win...no matter the circumstances. In the heat of the moment, players may complain and argue, but we are all competitive. I feel that if this topic were truly an issue, players would be complaining...not biased, overprotective parents.

i agree.
it seems like some are looking to get their feelings hurt and blame the bogeyman ref with extreme examples here.
its funny that when some fouls are called, one side says "thank you", the other side says, "aw c'mon ref, let em play"...yet to some of you, every foul is black & white, ya ok.

Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard