Scores?

P
bench
bench
P
Quote:

Full Time

North Carolina 2-1 South Carolina

Goals: (NC) own goal 48'; (NC) Hanna Robinson 78'; (SC) Natalie Lackey 79'.
Assists: (NC) Jenna Polonsky; (SC) Kristin Baker.
Shots: NC 13-7 SC.
Saves: NC 1 (Megan Roberson 0, Morgan Luckie 1); SC 5 (Margaret Griesell 1, Emily Gossen 4).
Corner Kicks: NC 5-3 SC.
Offsides: NC 3-0 SC.
Fouls: NC 5-6 SC.
Cautions: none.
Ejections: none.
Records: NC 5-1-0; SC 1-5-0.
Weather: 91 degrees, clear.

From my understanding (talking with the player), I believe Logan Vitale scored the 2nd goal for NC in today's game, not Hannah Robinson.

F
kick off
kick off
F
Which SC defender scored the own goal for NC and what where the circumstances?

world cup
world cup
[quoteFrom my understanding (talking with the player), I believe Logan Vitale scored the 2nd goal for NC in today's game, not Hannah Robinson.

Good for Logan! She had many good years at South Charlotte SA, Charlotte Soccer Academy and Providence HS. Nice to see her go out in style.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
Brace
Brace
Quote:

Which SC defender scored the own goal for NC and what where the circumstances?

Emily Graves was attempting to clear a second shot off the line after a brilliant first shot save by goalkeeper Emily Gossen. Regrets that I can't recall the North Carolina player with the shots. Kyle may be able to fill-in when he gets back online, as he has the scoresheet.

Her distance from the ball and angle of approach were just too great to overcome, and the ball went into the inside side netting instead. It was a great effort, but it looked as though the Tar Heels were going to score off of the exchange regardless. It would have been a spectacular clearance had it been successful.

Brace
Brace
Quote:

[quoteFrom my understanding (talking with the player), I believe Logan Vitale scored the 2nd goal for NC in today's game, not Hannah Robinson.

Good for Logan! She had many good years at South Charlotte SA, Charlotte Soccer Academy and Providence HS. Nice to see her go out in style.

We in the press box initially credited Vitale, but Coach Katie Smith received a phone call from the field that Robinson was in fact who put it in. Hence the credit given in the box score.

Brace
Brace
Quote:

Scores?

Girls: Sandlappers 1:2 Tar Heels -- The Tar Heels now lead the series 5-1 and have won four straight.

Boys: Sandlappers 0:1 Tar Heels -- The Tar Heels broke the deadlock in the series and now lead 2-1-3 overall.

Box Score to follow later ... Very enjoyable matches and a great event. Check out Twitter and the hash tag #clash or #clashofthecarolinas for most of the in-match commentary by Coach Heise, et. al.

World Cup
World Cup
Quote:

Quote:

Scores?

Girls: Sandlappers 1:2 Tar Heels -- The Tar Heels now lead the series 5-1 and have won four straight.

Boys: Sandlappers 0:1 Tar Heels -- The Tar Heels broke the deadlock in the series and now lead 2-1-3 overall.

Box Score to follow later ... Very enjoyable matches and a great event. Check out Twitter and the hash tag #clash or #clashofthecarolinas for most of the in-match commentary by Coach Heise, et. al.

Box Scores were provided earlier in this thread at the conclusion of the matches. For your convenience they are listed below:

Sixth Annual Clash of the Carolinas
Blackbaud Stadium @ Daniel Island, SC
July 7, 2012

GIRLS
South Carolina 1-2 North Carolina
Goals: (NC) Kylie Tawney 48'; (NC) Logan Vitale 78'; (SC) Natalie Lackey 79'.
Assists: (NC) Jenna Polonsky; (SC) Kristin Baker.
Shots: NC 14-7 SC.
Saves: NC 1 (Megan Roberson 0, Morgan Luckie 1); SC 5 (Margaret Griesell 1, Emily Gossen 4).
Corner Kicks: NC 5-3 SC.
Offsides: NC 3-0 SC.
Fouls: NC 5-6 SC.
Cautions: none.
Records: NC 5-1-0; SC 1-5-0.
Team MVP: (NC) Hanna Robinson, W.A. Hough HS; (SC) Sarah Tuggle, Mauldin HS.
Weather: 91 degrees, clear.

BOYS
South Carolina 0-1 North Carolina
Goals: (NC) Trey Hemphill 33' (pk).
Assists: none.
Shots: NC 11-10 SC.
Saves: NC 7 (Holland Hammond 5, Jaron Bradley 2); SC 4 (Hunter Greer).
Corner Kicks: NC 2-4 SC.
Offsides: NC 1-3 SC.
Fouls: NC 11-8 SC.
Cautions: (SC) Hunter Greer 33', (SC) Davis Michaelsen 56'.
Records: NC 2-1-3; SC 1-2-3.
Team MVP: (NC) Adrian Gonzalez, Fuquay-Varina HS; (SC) Hunter Greer, Wando HS.
Weather: 96 degrees, clear.

Last edited by Kyle Heise; 07/08/12 08:30 PM.
P
bench
bench
P
Quote:

Quote:

We in the press box initially credited Vitale, but Coach Katie Smith received a phone call from the field that Robinson was in fact who put it in. Hence the credit given in the box score.

I watched the video highlights and it is definitely Logan that scored, just an FYI.

Very proud of her and glad she got to go. She deserved it after the great year she had for us.

World Cup
World Cup
7/7/12

Tar Heels sweep Sandlappers in Clash of the Carolinas
Kevin Bilodeau, WCSC-TV Channel 5 (Charleston, SC)

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Kevin Heise, Kyle Heise 

Link Copied to Clipboard