Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
Wait arent you one of the BC coaches? Please dont tell me you are blogging at work, that could be construed as an innapropriate use of my hardearned taxpayer money

Yes, I am. Actually it was a few minutes before the morning bell to First Block, so not during instructional time. I just finished Third Block and now am on here during my Planning Block. Just so you have the facts.

Goal
Goal
Quote:

Quote:

If you actually work lvrpul, and I pray you're not in any career that requires writing skills, you must be one miserable, miserable person.

I mean, I'd be mad too if I donned a name of the piss poor club that signed Jordan Henderson, but that's beside the point.

You're either a child or a very disturbed adult.

I didnt know this was a proper use of language and punctuation forum-unlike you I dont have to work bc I became very wealthy (through hard work and the sale of a company for more money than you will ever see in your lifetime) at a young age- take advice from the first part of the moniker you use the Coach is a big boy and can handle his own battles

Oh good...then you're yet another very disturbed and helpless adult.

Highly unlikely on the job front. People like to play Halloween on the internet. Most successful people are reasonable, literate individuals who don't show signs of prepubescent teen angst in every single thing they write. They also show signs of intelligence. You don't.

Last edited by shut^&play; 05/14/12 06:17 PM.
L
goal kick
goal kick
L
There are several All-State players playing in the Clash of the Carolinas. I am glad that the Clash did not also interfere with regionals-what would have happened then? And your initial post stated " they will be missing the best players in the state", not "they will be missing SOME of the best players in the state". My post was not based on emotion so don't assume.

There are lots of talented kids in the state. Some of them will be at regionals in Greenville that weekend and some will be in Charleston. And there is a LOT more that won't be doing either,but that doesn't make them any less talented.

J
JAK Offline
goal kick
goal kick
J
Quote:

your initial post stated " they will be missing the best players in the state", not "they will be missing SOME of the best players in the state".

I stand corrected. Rephrased:

Totally illogical. I'm going to have to call BS on you regarding the date selection. What a shame! You'll be missing some of the best players in the state.

C
Coach
Coach
C
Ok...no dog in the fight, no players in the game or at regionals, but logic is my job, so here goes.

The All-Star games are there for the purpose of honoring some of the best players in the state, as well as boosting our sport as a whole. It would be logistically impossible to have ALL of the best players in the state participating in any one event; numbers prohibit everyone of a similar talent level from playing on the same field at the same time. The term "All-Star" means that all of the players on the team are stars--not that all of the stars in the state are on the team. So...

Some of the best players in the state will be playing in the Clash of the Carolinas, which is an honor.

Some of the best players in the state will be playing at the Regional Championship, which is an honor.

Some of the best players in the state will be playing in the North/South game, which is an honor.

Some of the best players in the state will be sitting at home or watching from the stands, which is a logistical necessesity due to numbers...but it will be FEWER getting left out entirely than if the same players who go to regionals are also filling slots on the North/South team.

Where, exactly, is the logical error in that?

Any time you plan something on a statewide level, there are going to be conflicts...other events, school schedules, field availability, etc., etc.; the only way to plan is so that the greatest number of players have the best experience at the best venue possible--not that everything is perfect for everyone.

Looks to me like that has been accomplished to the best of everyone's ability.

I've got good news and bad news...
J
JAK Offline
goal kick
goal kick
J
Coach Chass,

Just to make sure its clear, I agree.

I posted the original because I didn't think the reason given for the conflict made sense. But it was clarified that the real issue was logistical, which I completely understand.

The second posting was just to rephrase from "the best players" to "some of the best players", not as another attempt to call the reasoning into question.

C
Coach
Coach
C
Fair enough!

I've got good news and bad news...
World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
Reminder to submit program advertisements for the North-South Soccer Classic by Wednesday, May 30.

World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
Reminder to submit program advertisements for the North-South Soccer Classic by Wednesday, May 30.

Reminder for players to submit their player profiles by Wednesday, May 30 to kheise@sc.rr.com. Coaches, please remind your players to submit. I'll have a list of players that have submitted early next week. If I don't have their information, then they will not have anything said about them at the awards banquet.

goal
goal
Chass, waaaaaait....you get paid to "do" logic? That is not logical. (although, being upper berkeley county, I can certainly see the need for that position)

Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10

Moderated by  Kevin Heise, Kyle Heise 

Link Copied to Clipboard