Print Thread
Page 4 of 28 1 2 3 4 5 6 27 28
J
JAK Offline
goal kick
goal kick
J
Quote:

You can get better exposure to 235 college coaches by entering your team into the NCSL Capital Cup in Northern Va. in November. $400 for the weekend, it's a real deal recruiting weekend with the best colleges in Div. I, II, III and NAIA.

Better continuous exposure? Of is that a single weekend a year?

J
JAK Offline
goal kick
goal kick
J
Quote:

The Furman coaches do not travel (at least I have not seen them on any coaches list) to any ECNL events. So they have figured it out.

Bomber...I think you might be missing some really important information.

Check some facts to see if there might be other reasons the Furman soccer program hasn't been able to spend money recruiting outside of the area lately.

And let's recheck what they're doing as the new president policies kick in.

J
JAK Offline
goal kick
goal kick
J
Quote:

C heering
E xcluded
S occer
A cademy

Watching a CESA parent sideline has as much emotion as spectators at a golf tournament. Silent drones, it would be a cold day in hell to be told as a parent to not support cheer for my child. Good luck with that.

Pure ignorance. No CESA parent has ever been told not to cheer for their children.

They have been told not to coach from the parent sideline.
They have been told not to be negative towards their kids.
They have been told not to be negative towards to refs.

I sure wish a few other clubs in the state would try the same.

Last edited by JAK; 04/22/12 09:39 PM.
C
throw in
throw in
C
Jak,

I take it the word "ignorance" is your word of the day. Let's define it: Ignorance (or witlessness) is a state of being uninformed (lack of knowledge). You call me ignorant because I state that I am glad that I did not take the ENCL route, however, you fail to see that the main point of my postings is NOT how much I have paid for club training at CESA and SCUFC, but the amount it costs to travel repeatedly across the country to get in front of coaches outside of our region. I thought I was hurting my daughter by not letting her play in the ENCL, but it does not appear that I am based on the initial reports stated at the beginning of this chain posting. So, as you can see, researching the ENCL and gathering information shows that I have been watching and learning (gaining knowlege) about the program before sinking my money into it, and therefore, does not make me ignorant. You, on the other hand, appear to be ignorant of the fact that players are getting the same results whether or not they play in the ENCL or another club league.

H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

Sorry. I did not know you are an expert on every Club in the country.

Just talking about sc clubs. Other than cesa and sc utd/ mp, other clubs in the state just couldnt compete in ecnl. Im not saying that there are not players on other club teams that couldnt play in ecnl but just not the teams that could.

J
JAK Offline
goal kick
goal kick
J
Quote:

No, it means that there is no need to join a national traveling team, and put forth the additional travel expenses, to get players the same college committment results as a local club. (Airline tickets cost a whole lot more than car travel and a hotel for a tournament or game) One would think that ENCL players would be recruited to more prestious schools than the local opportunities available. That would be the only reason I would be willing to put forth the training and travel fees associated with the ENCL League. Just sayin.....

CITG - Sorry. Should have let you know what I was referring too. I think the quote above is the ignorance. I don't think you have any idea which schools have been recruiting ECNL players. You might know where they have committed, but I'll predict you don't know the schools or offers players have received outside of what they accepted. If I'm correct and you don't have this information, then yes, your comment fits the definition you posted perfectly.

Unfortunately, when it comes to this board, commenting from a state of ignorance (or should I say "lack of knowledge") seems all too common place. Too many posts are based on emotion, not knowledge based.

Last edited by JAK; 04/22/12 11:13 PM.
H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

Jak,

I take it the word "ignorance" is your word of the day. Let's define it: Ignorance (or witlessness) is a state of being uninformed (lack of knowledge). You call me ignorant because I state that I am glad that I did not take the ENCL route, however, you fail to see that the main point of my postings is NOT how much I have paid for club training at CESA and SCUFC, but the amount it costs to travel repeatedly across the country to get in front of coaches outside of our region. I thought I was hurting my daughter by not letting her play in the ENCL, but it does not appear that I am based on the initial reports stated at the beginning of this chain posting. So, as you can see, researching the ENCL and gathering information shows that I have been watching and learning (gaining knowlege) about the program before sinking my money into it, and therefore, does not make me ignorant. You, on the other hand, appear to be ignorant of the fact that players are getting the same results whether or not they play in the ENCL or another club league.

CITG the ecnl weekend in San Antonio was a 300.00 round trip flight. Toss in the split for the hotel and some food and spending money it was about 400.00. Besides the fact the kids had a great time off the field. San Antonio is a nice place. They have been to the Alamo and to see what a real rodeo is. Played in front of alot of college coaches. Pretty cheap for that trip if you ask me.
Cesa does not force you to go to every event. You do not like cesa or sc utd so i guess you play in the sc state league. I guess that is alot cheaper. I do not disagree with you that club soccer is over priced.

W
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
W
Yes they do force you to go to every event. Its called peer force. Also not enough man power in this state to fill the older age groups.Start dragging from other states and taking players who can't make their own club. You should yell at ECNL who forces clubs to play every age group or none at all. Plus its sucks for some families who can't travel to every event. Paying all that money and you can't watch your child play.There is enough competition in the tri state area to have great games and coaches can watch.But you are not going to have enough players to field a team to play in a five hour radius and a ecnl team. Rock and a hard place. You can always try college camps. Worked for some

H
brace
brace
H
Whatever, No one has ever made us go to every event. As a matter of fact after 8 years in the Orlando area over the Christmas holidays we skipped the ECNL event there this past year. It was just time to stay home and enjoy the holidays.
You are exacly right on the cost preventing some from attending their kids games. I did not go to San Antonio or Arizona and i sure didnt make the bus trip to Michigan. Some of it was because of work and some was because of money.
I think no matter the cost or league ( ecnl,region III, sc league) Each parent and player has to sit down and decide what is best for their kid. My two daughters played on a few different club teams and every year just like this year we will look at cost,training and a few other things when making a decision. On the other hand people do not need to worry about how much others are spending. If they have it and they want to spend then more power to them.
I think we forget that the kids playing in ecnl or academy is wanting the chance to play somewhere other than in state. ECNL and Academy gives them the exsposure to do that. They may end up playing in their own state anyways but atleast they had a chance.

S
throw in
throw in
S
Does anyone have any hard facts regarding SC women soccer players regarding number of players that went on to play college soccer before ECNL participation. I looked at Furman's rosters 2005 to 2010 and they only had one or two SC players mainly from Columbia. Is the ECNL, premier etc experience having an effect that more SC women are going on to play soccer in college? It also may be allowing females to get an understanding earlier on the commitment and intensity of college soccer. If they don't like giving up some portion of their high school social life for the intensity of travel for ECNL, then they likely won't enjoy being a college soccer player. The nice thing about SC now is everyone has a choice. If ECNL isn't right for your player or family then don't participate. If it is, and your player has the interest and skills then do it.

Page 4 of 28 1 2 3 4 5 6 27 28

Link Copied to Clipboard