Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 28 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 27 28
R
corner kick
corner kick
R
OK MT4ME since you know so much …

Would CESA accept an Academy 'Franchise' if it were offered to them tomorrow?

Would SCUFC accept an ECNL 'Franchise" if it were offered to them tomorrow?

I am not necessarily after the yes or no, but the why??

Think about it …

Whether you like it or not, it is first and foremost a business ($$$) decision!

M
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
M
I believe SC United has applied for ECNL, so the answer would probably be yes to that. I have no real idea about Academy since I know little about it.

I never said I know so much, just that I have experience with ECNL. I am encouraging people to get with those who have first hand experience with ECNL to find the answers to their questions rather than listening to those on a soccer forum who may not have any experience with that.

Of course it's a business decision. No club wants to take on a losing proposition. But, from what it seems you said, it is all about money. I'm not that cynical. I do believe that CESA came to the ECNL because they wanted to be part of something they felt would elevate women's soccer. They were right about the league. Ultimately, it has given an option to those who are serious soccer players.

As mustang said, it's an option. If it's not one for your child, then don't try out. No need to criticize those who feel differently.

B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
It is amazing in this forum, if anyone questions, or has a differing idea, they are labeled as "being critical".

Perhaps they are being objective.

After all, is not the purpose of this forum, for many to express their thoughts and ideas?

H
brace
brace
H
If you think your kid will get the best training at a club with ecnl and you want to spend the money then do it. You do get more exposure with the ecnl.If the best training is with a rec team then do that. Its all about choice. I can tell you this from mine playing ecnl A league and the B league. There is a big difference.The B league is not much better than Region III league. You just have alot more teams and you do get to play more games.At the league games you would be lucky if a college coach showed up. Maybe a local college coach. Remember that ecnl league and college soccer is going on at the same time. Coaches are probably a little short on time. The ecnl events are a different story. No matter what the age there are coaches lining up on the sidelines. The older ages do get more but they are all over.
Remember you pay for training so make sure it is worth it.

Last edited by Hard Headed; 05/01/12 09:53 PM.
U
Throw In
Throw In
U
Quote:

It is amazing in this forum, if anyone questions, or has a differing idea, they are labeled as "being critical".

After all, is not the purpose of this forum, for many to express their thoughts and ideas?

And, by the same token, those who support a program are labeled as brainwashed or "drinking the CESA kool-aid". Perhaps they are being objective as well.

B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
Quote:

Quote:

And, by the same token, those who support a program are labeled as brainwashed or "drinking the CESA kool-aid". Perhaps they are being objective as well.

Maybe they are objectively brainwashed.

M
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
M
Quote:

Quote:

Does that mean being brainwashed with actual information and experience?

U
Throw In
Throw In
U
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Does that mean being brainwashed with actual information and experience?

Yep This brainwashed, kool-aid drinker and her kid have had a great ECNL experience.

K
bench
bench
K
Quote:

It's all about choices. Each family has the right to decide what they want to do. I think having choices is wonderful after all this is America. It's each family's resources, time and energy. No one is forcing them to do anytime but don't be mad if someone else decides to so something else for their child. Can people really be that petty that they would not want ECNL, Academy or whatever else that is available because they don't want to do it or think it cost too much. That's your decision which is totally ok but let other people make theirs without you trying to diminish it.

It seems throughout this topic, many keep referring to choices.

But if you live in the Upstate and you want your daughter to play in the Upstate at the highest level, there is really no choice.

You have to play CESA Premier, part of the ECNL.

The Challenge teams really do not compare to the caliber of the Premier teams.

And as far as being seen by college coaches, ECNL is really it.

So, where is the choice?

H
brace
brace
H
Post deleted by Hard Headed

Page 10 of 28 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 27 28

Link Copied to Clipboard