Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 18 of 28 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 27 28
M
kick off
kick off
M
If I understand the rules, that is correct. Discoveries94 should also have a spot since they finished in 3rd in December.

C
Goal
Goal
C
So for the older girls, premier spots for SC should be.

SCUMP 96 Elite and SCUFC 96 Elite

SCUFC 95 Elite and SCUFC 95 Palmetto

SCUFC 94 Elite and DSC 94 Green

D
Goal
Goal
D
Thanks, Harry. Having the opportunity to play in Southern Regionals as member of host club would explain why the teams have continued in USYS leagues up to now. Seriously, that would explain it. It would be nice, however, for those trying out for next years teams to have something definitive in terms of a statement from the club as to whether the girls will play ECNL only. Seems like one of those "99% sure but leaving door open to change mind" types of things. Including a definitive statement in that release by the club would not only give certainty to the players/parents as to what league(s) they were trying out for, it could also provide some clarity for those teams Lowcountry Attack mentioned as to what league(s) they may be trying out to play in. For the members of CESA ECNL girls it sounds 99%(?) like "enjoy the 2012 Southern Regionals, it will be your last." As for the SCUMP u15 State and R3PLE champions, I'm sure they could apply to play in USYS R3PL rather than R3PLE league as well as USYS National League like the boys teams from CESA if that's what they wanted to do. (If they did decide to go that route, it could also change the list of LC Attack's regarding the '96s to allow both SCUFC '96 teams access to R3PLE.)

As for the second question (trying to understand how CESA presents its options to players), I think I get the answer but may be misreading it. It sounds like CESA provides a release at the club website to all players for ECNL tryouts, but for all players that may want to come to CESA for non-ECNL teams the club sends out emails like invitations rather than posting an open call? Where I may be misreading your answer is (please correct me if I'm wrong) it doesn't sound like the club provides a release at the website presenting/outlining available non-ECNL options. If so, I couldn't find one. I did find on the tryouts schedule what appear to be dates/times for non-ECNL tryouts but nothing as far as outline of fees and/or targeted leagues for those players.

N
Throw In
Throw In
N
in cesa it is pretty much understood that it's now "ecnl or nothing". as for how it is communicated, they held an ecnl q&a session and anyone who wanted to attend could come, listen and ask questions. they also put out a powerpoint presentation.

as i understand it they can only play ecnl since they didn't qualify for the r3pl. that right?

the ones who get shorted imho, are the girls in challenge. it would be nice if they could play in the r3pl in place of the premier team, since the ecnl teams in cesa are basically the premier teams...status quo. that way they could take advantage of benefits of playing at a higher level and get better. i mean, this is really all about player development, after all.

M
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
M
Quote:

Thanks, Harry. Having the opportunity to play in Southern Regionals as member of host club would explain why the teams have continued in USYS leagues up to now. Seriously, that would explain it. It would be nice, however, for those trying out for next years teams to have something definitive in terms of a statement from the club as to whether the girls will play ECNL only. Seems like one of those "99% sure but leaving door open to change mind" types of things. Including a definitive statement in that release by the club would not only give certainty to the players/parents as to what league(s) they were trying out for, it could also provide some clarity for those teams Lowcountry Attack mentioned as to what league(s) they may be trying out to play in. For the members of CESA ECNL girls it sounds 99%(?) like "enjoy the 2012 Southern Regionals, it will be your last." As for the SCUMP u15 State and R3PLE champions, I'm sure they could apply to play in USYS R3PL rather than R3PLE league as well as USYS National League like the boys teams from CESA if that's what they wanted to do. (If they did decide to go that route, it could also change the list of LC Attack's regarding the '96s to allow both SCUFC '96 teams access to R3PLE.)

As for the second question (trying to understand how CESA presents its options to players), I think I get the answer but may be misreading it. It sounds like CESA provides a release at the club website to all players for ECNL tryouts, but for all players that may want to come to CESA for non-ECNL teams the club sends out emails like invitations rather than posting an open call? Where I may be misreading your answer is (please correct me if I'm wrong) it doesn't sound like the club provides a release at the website presenting/outlining available non-ECNL options. If so, I couldn't find one. I did find on the tryouts schedule what appear to be dates/times for non-ECNL tryouts but nothing as far as outline of fees and/or targeted leagues for those players.

Delta Dog,
Cesa did send out a postcard to their players outlining the tryout opportunties including ECNL and non-ECNL, academy, challenge, classic, etc. It is also on the website, although if a family isn't familiar with ECNL it could be a bit confusing. This is the form regarding the cost breakdown I found on the site:

http://www.carolinaelitesc.com/docs/sele...ure%20Chart.pdf

I can understand the confusion about the various levels of play, especially when not familiar with ECNL Cesa has had ECNL information meetings, although I was out of town and unable to attend the one held last month, so I am not sure how many people came to the meeting.

I'm not sure I answered any question or addressed any of your concerns, aside from the fees for the various levels of play at the various ages. Also, as I said, the information about where and when to try out was mailed to the players, although there may have been some confusion as to which tryout to attend if that player didn't understand the difference between and ECNL and non-ECNL tryout.

M
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
M
Quote:

in cesa it is pretty much understood that it's now "ecnl or nothing". as for how it is communicated, they held an ecnl q&a session and anyone who wanted to attend could come, listen and ask questions. they also put out a powerpoint presentation.

as i understand it they can only play ecnl since they didn't qualify for the r3pl. that right?

the ones who get shorted imho, are the girls in challenge. it would be nice if they could play in the r3pl in place of the premier team, since the ecnl teams in cesa are basically the premier teams...status quo. that way they could take advantage of benefits of playing at a higher level and get better. i mean, this is really all about player development, after all.

It's my understanding that a club can't just put another of their teams into R3Pl in place of the team that qualified to play. There has to be a certain number of players from the qualifying team on the team that ultimately plays in the league (half?) I'm not sure if that's right, but it does make sense.

D
Goal
Goal
D
nothersoccerdad and MT4ME,

Those replies do answer some of my questions, and thanks MT4ME in adding the link to the fees chart for everyone (I see non-ECNL "Premier League/Challenge League" and ECNL teams have the same fees).

"as i understand it they can only play ecnl since they didn't qualify for the r3pl. that right?

They can play ECNL and enter the State League (obviously won't be the case) for continued access to state playoffs and championships. (ECNL-only won't play for state championships.)

I'm guessing non current CESA players/families may not have gotten the invite to Q&A or a look at the PowerPoint presentation (may be wrong about that, is there a link?), so could this be the first confirmation that players trying out for other club teams around the state (like those on LC Attack' lists) have to indicate they are actually trying out for R3PLE opportunities at those clubs? Could this be the first confirmation that CESA is definately pulling the ECNL teams out of USYSA/SCYSA leagues to DOC's at those clubs, so they can explain R3PLE opportunities to players/parents and advertise those opportunities as part of their releases for tryouts?

N
Throw In
Throw In
N
all the ecnl propaganda..uhhhhhh, information, you need:

http://www.carolinaelitesc.com/docs/ECNL...y%20Mode%20.pdf

D
Goal
Goal
D
Thanks for the link.

Actually it seems to be a pretty thorough presentation of what to expect as a path for player development for those in the ECNL group at CESA. And, if the club actually follows through on its stated objectives and embraces the referenced ECNL principles, we'd have to consider it more "information" than "propaganda". I even see in one of the slides a reference to combining training sessions of various u-15 thru u-18 teams, which may explain what Hard Headed was talking about regarding multiple teams training on the same field.

Really, those two links y'all provided do show the costs, planned activities and suggested benefits of participating in ECNL. It doesn't say definitively that the teams are playing only ECNL, but if the principles are being followed then that must be the case. (Although, I'm sure some would still be more comfortable seeing a statement from the club specifically answering that question. Maybe it was in the Q&A session.) With those pieces in place, you can't say you don't know what's in store as ECNL or the cost. Good.

Now, where is the link to the other presentation? The one for those at CESA not wanting to participate in ECNL, or maybe want ECNL but about to be moved from an ECNL team to a Challenge team or maybe those from other parts of the state that may want to join CESA in a non-ECNL capacity? We see in the fees chart that the fees for the top non-ECNL team at CESA are the same as the ECNL team, so I'm guessing there's a lot of non-ECNL player development taking place and a similar presentation outlining what the CESA non-ECNL experience and player development includes. If not a PPT presentation is there a link to maybe just a document somewhere?

world cup
world cup
Quote:

Quote:

It's my understanding that a club can't just put another of their teams into R3Pl in place of the team that qualified to play. There has to be a certain number of players from the qualifying team on the team that ultimately plays in the league (half?) I'm not sure if that's right, but it does make sense.

Yes, you have to earn it on the field.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
Page 18 of 28 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 27 28

Link Copied to Clipboard