Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 24 of 28 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
D
Goal
Goal
D
Given having to make a choice between ECNL or USYS (R3PLE) I would personally choose USYS. However, that would be my personal choice and not necessarily the choice for others... no problem, both have advantages and benefits. What CESA doesn't currently offer is a true choice that separating the rosters could provide.

H
brace
brace
H
Deltadog you may know the answer to this.
With CESA not saying what they will do, and assuming they do not put teams in R3PLE this year, will it be to late for the third place teams from state cup to apply for the R3PLE spot? From what i understand it will not be a guarantee that another SC team will get in.Could only be one 1 team at each age from sc in R3PLE.
That is why i think CESA may still play R3PLE. I cant see them screwing the rest of the state over.

T
TS Offline
goal kick
goal kick
T
From the CESA website:

CESA has multiple age groups who have qualified for entrance into the USYSA Premier League East, Southern Premier League and National League for the upcoming 2012-2013 seasons.
For the upcoming Fall 2012- Spring 2013 seasons CESA will have multiple age groups on both the boys and girls side of our program who have qualified for entrance into Regional and National level league competition.

Our rising 14 Girls, 15 Girls, 17 Girls and 18 Girls can participate in the Region III Premier League East. Our rising 17 Girls and 18 Girls can participate in the Southern Premier League.

Our rising 14 Boys, 15 Boys, 17 Boys and 18 Boys will participate in the Region III Premier League East. Our rising 16 Boys will participate in the USYSA National League.

Participation in these leagues will give our players the opportunity to compete with and against top level competition on a regular basis.

H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

HH, has anyone said a current Challenge team qualifying for R3PLE would not be allowed to play there? Just not next Fall. And, yes, some of the Challenge players may go to Columbia for tryouts, however if CESA can develop a new roster of players to regain having a team in R3PLE I would guess the players may return.

The difference would be CESA having teams in both leagues based on actually providing player development to get 2 teams worth of players in rather than manipulating rosters to get a fewer number of players in.

No one has said there will be no R3PLE other than this year as far as i know. It would of sent some playes south if it was let out before tryouts

D
Goal
Goal
D
Quote:

Delta you are right but i wonder what CESA would get out of letting everyone know.

What do they get? Why they get an enhanced stature in the community an a membership in the Salome Chamber of Commerce.

(That's good faith PR for future growth.)

D
Goal
Goal
D
It's a valid point about current CESA Challenge players headed EAST for new R3PLE opportunities at other clubs. From a purely state level opportunity for SC players it means more SC players have access to higher levels of competition outside of State League. That's good for SC. Then it's up to CESA to prove its capabilities for developing players by winning those spots back and bringing its players home again.

D
Goal
Goal
D
Quote:

From the CESA website:

CESA has multiple age groups who have qualified for entrance into the USYSA Premier League East, Southern Premier League and National League for the upcoming 2012-2013 seasons.
For the upcoming Fall 2012- Spring 2013 seasons CESA will have multiple age groups on both the boys and girls side of our program who have qualified for entrance into Regional and National level league competition.

Our rising 14 Girls, 15 Girls, 17 Girls and 18 Girls can participate in the Region III Premier League East. Our rising 17 Girls and 18 Girls can participate in the Southern Premier League.

Our rising 14 Boys, 15 Boys, 17 Boys and 18 Boys will participate in the Region III Premier League East. Our rising 16 Boys will participate in the USYSA National League.

Participation in these leagues will give our players the opportunity to compete with and against top level competition on a regular basis.

There goes the Chamber of Commerce membership.

H
brace
brace
H
Someone asked me what college coaches showed up to the college night i mentioned in a earlier post. Here it is in the order it was given to me.

Gardner Webb
Winthrop
USC Upstate
Catawba
Belmont Abby
Kentucky
Queens
UNC Greensboro
Ole Miss
Elon
Va Tech
Davidson
Lenoir Rhyne
Montreat
Dayton
U. of Central Florida

H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

Quote:

From the CESA website:

There goes the Chamber of Commerce membership.

If this is what is posted and they do not get into R3PLE then that is some good false advertising.

D
Goal
Goal
D
Actually, it reads "have qualified" and "can" participate. Which brings us all back to needing a statement from the club not based on what it "can" do but what it "will" do.

(and there goes the enhanced stature in the community)

Last edited by DeltaDog; 05/24/12 07:47 PM.
Page 24 of 28 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

Link Copied to Clipboard