Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
F
bench
bench
F
Fort Mill scored 4, NF scored 2 in the games between them in head to head best vs best on the field. In other games coaches change rosters to let all the kids play. NO doubt the NF keeper is superb, but if FM had not choked on 3-4 open net shots ( some by the player who's regional absence started this thread), It would have been a 4-5 goal FM win in the first game at NF. What is funny is the four backs and the two defensive center mids must not matter as there is no stat for their position, but see how well the stat players do without them.

G
throw in
throw in
G
Quote:

Wow...let me get this straight- the leading scorer in points, goals and assists for Fort Mill (by double the next player) and maybe the region leader (I don't have those stats) is not All Region? Nice...

It's funny listening to all the explanations when we know the truth. Even though she put up the stats she did, she was not one of her coach's favorites. Parents get envolved at the high school level and can really be mean and vindictive. This happened a couple years ago in another region. And that player was also nominated for all state. Don't know if this is excactly what happened here, but would probably bet on it. This will always happen in high school. Unfortunately. And I promise it broke this girls heart. I don't know how these coach's sleep at night after doing this to these young lady's.

Running with the big dogs
F
throw in
throw in
F
Quote:

NO doubt the NF keeper is superb, but if FM had not choked on 3-4 open net shots ( some by the player who's regional absence started this thread)

There is no reason to go after individual players (at least 3) using the term "choke"- that is bad form when discussing youth players. I'm not sure what you don't understand about defensive stats- like goalies- goals against is one measure of defensive unit success

F
bench
bench
F
It is also bad form to whine about ones player not getting picked, it demeans those that did. You started this about an individual player, why is that now bad form to discuss the topic? Because you never should have started this crap to begin with. The whole idea of these awards is for the adults to brag about with other parents. College coaches could care less about these awards, and really the kids do too. That is my point with all of this.

As for my choice of the word choked, that is what happened, When you beat the keeper off a pass 20 yards from the box and miss an open net 4 times from under 12 yards, what word should we use? When team mates make plays to open forwards, and there is nothing but an open goal in front of you, do all region/ all state players miss or convert? You tell me.

Last edited by fox2; 05/09/12 04:19 AM.
S
bench
bench
S
As for my choice of the word choked, that is what happened, When you beat the keeper off a pass 20 yards from the box and miss an open net 4 times from under 12 yards, what word should we use? When team mates make plays to open forwards, and there is nothing but an open goal in front of you, do all region/ all state players miss or convert? You tell me.

I was at both games and there were not that many open net chances. Yes there was one time when the NF keeper got beat and they missed an open net. Saying that happened four times when it only happened once is now going against the POY.

Brace
Brace
Quote:

College coaches could care less about these awards, and really the kids do too.

Believe me, the players do care and in most cases can pick the all-region team better than the coaches.

corner kick
corner kick
No horse in this race, but to say that the players do not care is crazy.

F
bench
bench
F
me neither, but I was at both games and I stand by my comments. No one said they don't care.

K
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
K
Chief,
Yes, Stephanie is the defender you speak of and I'm pretty sure she is an underclssman just not sure what year she is in. Thanks for the compliment, we don't get many of those in York. I'll be sure to pass that on to the coach.

F
Throw In
Throw In
F
Quote:

??? Kirk is the young lady from York with very short hair who played defender of these two for York? From what I saw she was a huge fatorone back there on D for York. Good thing you only have one of her, because with anymore girls that fast, and able to challenge Fwds without fouling it would get very hard to score on York! She seemd to play her heart out both times we face them.

Agree

She was one of the quickest defenders we faced this year. It makes you wonder what she could do with a ball at her feet...Almost

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard