Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
kick off
kick off
J
I think south Aiken and Irmo will have something to say about that!

kick off
kick off
Quote:

I think south Aiken and Irmo will have something to say about that!

If Irmo wanted to say something about it, then they would have said something in the Palmetto Cup final...

C
Cav Offline
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
C
Wando was by far the better team. It must be nice to have a whole line change and see no drop off in talent, effort, or play. Lex barely subs and you can tell near the end as those boys just died out. Not that it would have made much difference. I don't see anyone beating Wando, not that I've seen a bunch of teams.

Score is Silver, Art is Gold!
Cav #157960 05/11/12 12:44 PM
J
Brace
Brace
J
Writing the future

The playoffs compared to the palmetto cup are two completely different beasts. Yes Wando has a deeper bench, that happens when you carry about 30 players on the team (good for them for having that much talent to choose from!), but the playoffs provide more rest for the teams. Teams with less depth will play better due to rest as compared to the palmetto cup....and I would have to say that every team in SC has less depth than Wando. So if the matchup of Irmo-Wando happens in the state championship game, I would think it would be a better contested match. I'm not going to say that any team would walk away with it...look what has happened the last couple of years to the team that was expected to win! Should be an interesting rest of the playoff schedule!

If you are going to argue a point, at least get factual information to back up your side.....
S
throw in
throw in
S
I would have to agree. Wando is clearly deeper than any other team in the state. And it does have its advantages in a single game. But playoffs are completely different than palemtto cup. Playoffs are potentially the last soccer game a high school senior will ever have. They do not want to lose that game. The atmosphere is completely different. This will be a fun final 3 rounds. Good luck to all of the teams.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard