Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#158056 05/13/12 04:39 PM
Hurst66 Offline OP
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
I had a discussion last week with a friend where I told him that I felt the top goalkeepers in 3A were stronger than their counterparts in 4A. With all due respect to the young lady at Academic Magnet (1A/2A), it was nice to see that four of the eighteen players selected to the Girls 3A All-State team are goalkeepers. Not sure if that has ever happened before.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
S
goal
goal
S
most parents are terrified of letting their kids become keepers so hats off to all keepers & their parents.

G
corner kick
corner kick
G
Congratulations to these hard working young ladies.

CJ Offline
Brace
Brace
Hurst, even at 4A I think goalkeepers need to get their due. With all the publicity that the big three field players at Hanna get, I felt like the key to tonight's win over Riverside was the play of our goalkeeper Tatiana Guarin. She made several saves but there were two that were game savers. God bless great goalkeeping!

G
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
G
check out AMHS

Hurst66 Offline OP
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
Already gave props to the Academic Magnet keeper above, I get it.

The DEPTH is in 3A. If I need four goalkeepers for "Goalie Wars", and I have to stay within the SCHSL classifications, I'm taking the top four from 3A.

Look at the all-state team, the 3A coaches recognize it. Somebody pull out the record books and tell me if four goalkeepers have ever been named to the same 18-member all state team????

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
K
Kickoff
Kickoff
K
Ok Hurst let's play keeper wars! I take the Academic Magnet keeper up against any one of your 3A keepers.
Just kidding but seriously I think the AM keeper is the best in the state. She is good!!

The 3A keepers are good as well but I still think AM keeper is best.

Good luck to the keepers in the state championship game!!

Hurst66 Offline OP
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
Will you take a look at my first post! I mention the AM keeper, I've watched her play for years. I "imply" in my remarks that she IS the best.

But take her, and the next three best 1A/2A keepers.....and put them up against the top four 3A keepers.....and you lose!

K
Kickoff
Kickoff
K
I know that is why I said just kidding.
I didn't want to "assume" you meant she was the best...we all know what happens when you assume haha

In keeper wars it is ONE keeper in the net at a time so I would definitely take AM keeper against any of the 3A keepers.

I would also like to throw out there that the Blythewood keeper is very good. I would take her in some keeper wars as well.

Hurst66 Offline OP
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
Nope......I changed my mind. The Nation Ford keeper is the BEST keeper in the state and I would take her over any other keeper in the state, even the Academic Magnet keeper in Keeper Wars, when you can only have one goalkeeper in the net at a time and I also like the keepers from Greenville and Eastside, who are the CESA Premier 93 and 94 keepers (ECNL) and are playing against eachother tonight for the 3A upperstate championship and I like the St. James keeper, even though I've never seen her play but St. James is down by Myrtle Beach, which is really cool (and they are having Bike Week there this week) and the St. James keeper may be better than the Blythewood keeper, who I think I saw play once when I reffed her game two years ago in the Viking Cup (she was good, not sure if she is still playing) but she may have graduated?????

Can somebody please help me get this ice pick out of my eye?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard