Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
F
Throw In
Throw In
F
Excellent play in goal always makes a coach smile. Each of these young ladies have given their coach many reasons to smile over the season. It was nice to see their strong play has been noticed.

I can't say who is best, but if you have any of these young ladies in goal...You probably feel pretty darn good.

U
Throw In
Throw In
U
I'd add the freshman keeper for Pickens to that list.

K
Kickoff
Kickoff
K
Blythewood keeper is a junior so she probably is the same keeper you reffed against. She is very good!!

I agree with upstatsoccermom, Pickens keeper is amazing!! Probably the best freshman keeper I have seen. I coached against her this season and she was amazing. Tell her to keep up the good work and I see a scholarship in the future.

Hobo, I wasn't trying to pick a fight with you. I am sorry if you felt that way. I just wanted to put my opinion out there and sometimes its hard to do it and not "step on people's toes."
NaFo keeper is really good. She has had a great season and I wish her luck in the future.
I played keeper for years and know how hard it is as a keeper! Good luck to all these young ladies

S
bench
bench
S
without a question the top three keepers are Blythewood, AM, and Eastside

I have seen all of them play a good amount, they all have great skills. However, I would choose the junior at Blythewood...she is currently committed to the college of charleston

S
bench
bench
S
I've said it before and will say it again the JL Mann keeper continues to be a strong keeper. From what I have seen she has saved that team on several occasions this year - once against my own team and can really pull in some incredible saves as well as some really nice PK saves. I think it is great that the great keepers are getting the recognition they deserve.

Hurst66 Offline OP
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
JL Mann and Blythewood keepers are at the top of the list in 4A.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
N
bench
bench
N
I agree with CJ - not a lot of recognition in 4A. In Region III 4A, I think Clover has a pretty good keeper. Has an impressive record in region and has had for the last couple of years with fewest goals allowed.

At the Viking Cup, Clover beat Riverside (then 3rd in the State) in PK's. She stopped one of their PK's and scored her own to win the game. Same day at the Viking Cup South Aiken was awarded a PK which would have given them a 4-1 win, however, she stopped the PK as well keeping the game at 3-1. Two stops in one day!

I think TL Hanna could have easily won the 2nd round of play off with a higher score than the final 2-1 had she not been in the goal.

http://www.enquirerherald.com/2012/05/15/1911150/lady-blue-eagles-fall-to-tl-hanna.html

Hurst66 Offline OP
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
Clover keeper is, along with the Irmo keeper, the best field player of all the 4A girls "forced" to stand between the pipes. She's small in stature, huge in heart, and reads the game incredibly well. Cat-like reflexes and punts the ball very well.

She has a great soccer brain, "Iniesta-like".

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
N
bench
bench
N
Very true! Forgot to mention that she is a field player. In fact scored about 7 goals for Clover this season and had several assists.

B
goal kick
goal kick
B
The keeper from Eastside was very impressive today against Hilton Head. She did an outstanding job keeping her team close.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard