Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
CJ Offline OP
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
If I am not mistaken this will be the first time that both coaches in the 4A final are ladies. Shannon Champ has been successful for several years now and Katelyn Davis has her team playing unbelievably together at the right time in just her second year as a head coach.

So it begs the question, if you are an AD and all things are equal should you hire a female coach for girls over a male coach?

This isn't as easy as it seems because several of my good friends in the business are very good with girls. Guys like Terry Archenhold, Raimond Hartmann, Mike Mauldin, Andy Robinson, Fernando Gomez, and Kevin Czar are very gifted working with girls but I have seen Coach Davis reach the girls in ways I know I would not have. I just thought it would be an interesting discussion.

world cup
world cup
Friday night is.........LADIES NIGHT!

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
M
kick off
kick off
M
AM's coach is in her second year and going for her second championship......

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Quote:

AM's coach is in her second year and going for her second championship......

QUEEN FAWG OF HS SOCCER!!!

Stuff White People Like: #589 - Guy Fieri
B
brace
brace
B
CJ: All things are seldom equal. That said, the REAL question is, why don't more ADs hire women to coach boys?

Goal
Goal
Quote:

CJ: All things are seldom equal. That said, the REAL question is, why don't more ADs hire women to coach boys?

Probably cause they don't coach football.

Victory Starts Here!
K
Kickoff
Kickoff
K
If Friday night is ladies night does that mean we get in for free???

B
brace
brace
B
Victory ... Good points. Lots of football coach/ADs out there, looking to fill teaching slots (particularly PE/Health and Driver Ed) with assistant football coaches.
One point I would make is, competence is FAR more important than gender. And neither gender corners the market on competence. Or incompetence, for that matter.

C
throw in
throw in
C
Kyle, I'm sure you're busy with end of school stuff, but I've waited all day for you to do something about Marcus's post. My girl's play soccer, b-ball and run cc coached by very GREAT women coaches. I hate to be pc here, but Marcus's post is disgusting.

S
goal
goal
S
for some of us that are parenting girls we prefer female role models up close & personal, dentists, doctors, vetranarians, coaches, teachers, principals, etc...wando & other schools provide some of that. hats off to the strong women role models guiding our young ladies.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard