Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
S
I am very excited and pleased to announce that the board of directors of SCU/MP voted last night to hire our first executive director for the club. After interviewing several well qualified candidates it was determined that Matt Job was the best possible choice to lead us into the future.

Matt brings to the club an in depth knowledge of our soccer community as well as a business acumen which has allowed him great success in the private world. Matt is eager and excited to be working with Kian Brownlee and Matt Parmer; the two best directors of coaching in the state. He has a desire to help take us to the next level and to continue to provide the best training environment for our players.

I hope you all will join me in welcoming him as executive director of our club.

Yours in soccer,

Bunky Wichmann

M
corner kick
corner kick
M
First time I've ever seen that being an Ex-director is a good thing.

B
bench
bench
B
Been in SC for 5 years and I've never heard of any of these folks. Backgrounds?

I played high school soccer at Wren High School near Easley South Carolina in 1991 during my sophomore year and now live in Florida. Wish us in Florida luck in producing what you all have produced here.....
S
goal
goal
S
another salary

H
kick off
kick off
H
Amazing that no one has wanted to touch this one. It's been a month, I thought for sure someone would expand on this.

S
goal
goal
S
enlighten & educate us.

S
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
S
Thanks for the input. You are right - an ex anything is usually not good. In this case it is a VERY good thing - though I shouldn't have referred to him as Ex.
Matt Job is our Executive Director. And no its not just another salary. SCU/MP has grown and needs to keep up with its growth. The two DOCs who have been around for several years coaching R3PL, Academy and Jr.Academy teams have been largely running the club. I'm sorry that some may not know them - but I think you will find they are pretty well known around the state and region.

It became clear that in order for the club to meet the needs of the players we needed to have a true chief/grand poo bah. Matt brings not only a very good knowledge of our soccer culture, but a very successful business background. In the 45 days he has been on the job, the club is more smooth running, relationships with coaches, parents and players are improved and our ability to provide an even better environment for our players in occurring.

If any of you are involved in a club - you know how important it is to have someone (Exec Dir) who can let the DOCs do their job and get on with running of the club.

Please welcome Matt and offer support as it will ultimately be good for all soccer no matter what club you are from or support.

Best,

Bunky

Link Copied to Clipboard