Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
DeltaDog #159782 10/10/12 06:46 PM
W
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
W
Not about the record. Just playing for recruitment purposes only. Right? I guess the lacross teams in the state are going to be strong.

Last edited by whatever; 10/10/12 06:51 PM.
whatever #159783 10/11/12 01:58 AM
H
brace
OP Offline
brace
H
Quote:

Not about the record. Just playing for recruitment purposes only. Right? I guess the lacross teams in the state are going to be strong.

Not playing very well for recruitment purposes I would say.
I still think it is the lack of training/coaching that the kids have received prior to this year. It is starting to show.
I heard that CESA was trying to get games at casl showcase so they could play in front of some college coaches. I guess the coaches are not showing up at ECNL league games. Probably hurting the chances of these kids gettingy recruited.
That is a lot of money to spend and no coaches even coming to watch you play.

Hard Headed #159784 10/11/12 02:36 PM
W
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
W
Cant wait to see the repercussions on the high school roster. See which high school or club coach is flexible

whatever #159785 10/11/12 07:43 PM
H
brace
OP Offline
brace
H
Quote:

I know it is past time for the 18s but maybe all the 17s have committed already so they do not need to play in front of coaches. Does anyone know how many have committed? I know of 3.

Hard Headed #159786 10/11/12 08:43 PM
B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
Did somebody ban Harry from his computer?

Where has he gone?

Hard Headed #159787 10/13/12 12:08 PM
N
Throw In
Throw In
N
are they not showing up at ecnl games as a whole or are they just not showing up at ecnl games where the teams have a losing record?

J
bench
bench
J
"so the question that bears asking is, why aren't the teams more competitive? cesa has the best talent in the area in those age groups on those teams"

Perhaps CESA has consolidated some of the best talent in the state to field one top level team per age group, but the upstate doesn't have the numbers to field two top teams in each age group. Certainly the ECNL teams should be competitive given the talent and coaching. However, arguably the best and certainly most experienced CESA coaches are coaching at the ECNL level, leaving the 2nd and 3rd level teams with less competitive coaches. Wonder if CESA girls will be represented in R3PL next year after this season...

Just Curious #159789 10/13/12 02:09 PM
H
brace
OP Offline
brace
H
Quote:

"so the question that bears asking is, why aren't the teams more competitive? cesa has the best talent in the area in those age groups on those teams"

Perhaps CESA has consolidated some of the best talent in the state to field one top level team per age group, but the upstate doesn't have the numbers to field two top teams in each age group. Certainly the ECNL teams should be competitive given the talent and coaching. However, arguably the best and certainly most experienced CESA coaches are coaching at the ECNL level, leaving the 2nd and 3rd level teams with less competitive coaches. Wonder if CESA girls will be represented in R3PL next year after this season...

Just curious the ECNL teams are not winning either. Most cesa coaches are coaching more than one team so the most experienced coaches that coach the top teams may be the problem. Lack of good training also.

H
brace
OP Offline
brace
H
Quote:

are they not showing up at ecnl games as a whole or are they just not showing up at ecnl games where the teams have a losing record?

ECNL league games are during college soccer season. Most colleges play fri/sun and others play thur/sat. College coaches cant come watch league games. If there is a local college that comes and watches im sure they are going to the games with better teams.
Harry could answer that if he would raise his weary head.
He could answer the rumor about cesa trying to get ecnl games at the casl showcase so they can play in front of college coaches. Seams ECNL is not all it was suppose to be for the cesa teams other than money.

Hard Headed #159791 10/13/12 06:35 PM
F
Throw In
Throw In
F
So how many of you folks have daughters playing on the ECNL teams? Just wondering since there seems to be so much concern on the forum about these teams, but I don't hear any of these concerns standing on the sidelines at league games.
There are very few games the ECNL teams aren't competitive. Now, they may not always get the result (win) we would like, but there haven't been many games over the last few years where they weren't competitive.
CESA is a small market club playing in a national league with clubs from much bigger markets. Did anyone really believe there wouldn't be some growing pains?
Since everybody on here seems to know somebody who has a child playing on the ECNL team, ask them their thoughts about the team, league, etc. Yeah, I'm sure someone will have a negitive comment, but I'll guess most of the feedback will be positive.

Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard