Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
DeltaDog #159802 10/16/12 12:23 PM
U
Throw In
Throw In
U
No complaints here on the training that my daughter receives as part of her CESA ECNL team. I am truly touched that so many on this board spend so much time worrying about the training received by other peoples' children.

Haven't we talked this topic to death? Don't think ECNL is worth it? Don't do it. End of story.

B
brace
brace
B
I don't have a dog in the fight. My point was, and will continue to be, that a high-quality TRAINING environment is more relevant to player development than match competition. If I were a college coach, I'd place far more value on what I see in training than what I see in games. By the time you see most coaches at matches, they've already decided whom they want. They're just dotting i's and crossing t's.

B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
Hey Mom,

The purpose of this Message Board is to allow open discussion of different thoughts and ideas.

It is not intended for everyone to have the same opinion.

If you don't like what you read here, don't visit this site.

It's as simple as that.

Bomber #159805 10/17/12 12:34 PM
U
Throw In
Throw In
U
Bomber, at no point did I suggest any differently. Just adding my thoughts & ideas to the "open" discussion.

H
brace
OP Offline
brace
H
upstatesoccermom, i may be wrong but isnt your player one of three goalies on the u-17 team.

B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
Quote:

No complaints here on the training that my daughter receives as part of her CESA ECNL team. I am truly touched that so many on this board spend so much time worrying about the training received by other peoples' children.

Haven't we talked this topic to death? Don't think ECNL is worth it? Don't do it. End of story.

Mom, you are obviously "one of those" that it bothers, that anyone would dare question ECNL or CESA.

Bomber #159808 10/17/12 06:08 PM
U
Throw In
Throw In
U
HH - Nope.

Bomber - Not in the least. Question away!

H
brace
OP Offline
brace
H
Quote:

HH - Nope.

Bomber - Not in the least. Question away!

Thanks, that narrowed it down for me as to which parent you are.
Upstatesoccermom you are like many parents that give cesa such high praise for their training. You just dont know any better or that better is out there. Like i stated before, the lack of good training is showing in ECNL. Only one team with a win again this past weekend. You stated earlier to go back and look in 10 years and see how cesa is doing in ecnl. First im sure there will be something else that has taken ecnl's place by then but cesa will still be cesa.Just being in ecnl does not make a club better.
Im sure you enjoy cesa if yours is one of those getting lots of playing time and shouldnt.Not to say that is ur situation but that is one of cesa's problems these days.

G
corner kick
corner kick
G
Quote:

Coaches from Clemson & Furman were at the ECNL games at MeSA yesterday and every college on the east coast will have a representative at the national event in Sanford in December. No complaints about exposure from this ECNL parent.

Did the Furman coach fly in? That's not a recruiting trip. It would be a recruiting trip if the coach from UNC, or Florida St showed up.

Hard Headed #159811 10/17/12 07:47 PM
G
GWS Offline
Throw In
Throw In
G
I can see both sides of the argument.

I agree that training time on the field is the most vital part of player development.

I would also say that playing against top flight competition during match play is also good for player development.

I am not a CESA guy, but I respect what they do and think by and large they turn out a pretty good product.

Hard headed you sound like you have sour grapes because you feel your child was wronged.

Soccer mom as long as you and your daughter are happy and feel like you are getting what you pay for then that is really all that matters.

Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard