Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
1forteam #159832 10/30/12 06:32 PM
B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
So 1for, if you are new to this Board, it's been said before- the purpose of this Message Board is for open discussion with varied thoughts and ideas.

You need to go hang out with Upstatesoccermom and you two can compare notes.

Note to you, it's OK for some to question Mighty CESA or other Clubs. No offense to you or your kids.

1forteam #159833 10/30/12 07:04 PM
I
goal
goal
I
Quote:

SCUMP played AF in the tournament and went to PK's, we all know how PK's go. You can be the #1 GK in world and still lose in PK's, its not skill its luck. A PK win does not always favor the best team. Ask Hope Solo. Anywho... I am not saying the SCUMP team is bad, actually they have always been CESA's best competition, I am saying that ECNL play is a whole different ball game than playing in state league and premiere league,you can sub in and out versus the sub rules in ECNL, it is a total game changer. THE CESA 98 team, won Disney, won Aiken, won State and now they are playing at the next level. Why is that bad? We are all entitled to our opinion and I find it very flattering that you guys are so concerned about our soccer club. Pearse and Andrew are doing a great job! We are all very happy to be part of the ECNL program for SC. I know for myself and my child we are well on our way to a college of our choice under the training and direction we are getting. We already have National recognition!

"...we are well on our way to a college of our choice..."

Let me ask you this. How many girls, over the life time of CESA, have made a top tier program, a UNC, Notre Dame, Stanford level?

Bomber #159834 10/30/12 08:56 PM
Bench
Bench
Quote:

So 1for, if you are new to this Board, it's been said before- the purpose of this Message Board is for open discussion with varied thoughts and ideas.

You need to go hang out with Upstatesoccermom and you two can compare notes.

Note to you, it's OK for some to question Mighty CESA or other Clubs. No offense to you or your kids.

I said that we are all entitled to our opinion and I am not sure why you think my thoughts are otherwise. I enjoy a great debate of opinion.

Bench
Bench
Quote:

Quote:

SCUMP played AF in the tournament and went to PK's, we all know how PK's go. You can be the #1 GK in world and still lose in PK's, its not skill its luck. A PK win does not always favor the best team. Ask Hope Solo. Anywho... I am not saying the SCUMP team is bad, actually they have always been CESA's best competition, I am saying that ECNL play is a whole different ball game than playing in state league and premiere league,you can sub in and out versus the sub rules in ECNL, it is a total game changer. THE CESA 98 team, won Disney, won Aiken, won State and now they are playing at the next level. Why is that bad? We are all entitled to our opinion and I find it very flattering that you guys are so concerned about our soccer club. Pearse and Andrew are doing a great job! We are all very happy to be part of the ECNL program for SC. I know for myself and my child we are well on our way to a college of our choice under the training and direction we are getting. We already have National recognition!

Let me ask you this. How many girls, over the life time of CESA, have made a top tier program, a UNC, Notre Dame, Stanford level?

Top Tier program is of ones opinion as well. A top choice for my daughter would be Clemson. That is the school she loves and would be her choice when the time comes, I will let you know. Stay tuned.

1forteam #159836 10/31/12 03:06 AM
G
corner kick
corner kick
G
1for, clemson has top tier teams in other sports. clemson's womens soccer program isn't one of them, they have been bad for years and is not even close to top tier. tell her to shoot for UNC, ND, Stanford,Florida, that's top tier. If your daughter plays on one of the better HS teams in the area she'll play in front of more people at one of those games than any game she plays in at Clemson.

1forteam #159837 10/31/12 11:58 AM
C
Throw In
Throw In
C
1for, if your daughter is as great as you make her out to be, why would she settle for Clemson?

As of October 19, Clemson is 5-10-2, 0-9 in ACC play.

Seems like she is putting in a lot of effort, you moved her to CESA to play for the best, and if she goes to Clemson, she will settle for a ACC cellar dweller.

Cajunkid #159838 10/31/12 12:33 PM
L
Goal
Goal
L
wow how low can you all go?.....taking pot-shots at a kid's dream to play college ball at CU.
why so bitter?
hopefully, these hate comments aren't coming from parents.

1forteam #159839 10/31/12 12:38 PM
I
goal
goal
I
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Top Tier program is of ones opinion as well. A top choice for my daughter would be Clemson. That is the school she loves and would be her choice when the time comes, I will let you know. Stay tuned.

How many girls, over the lifetime of CESA, have made a top tier program?

You are guessing about a future outcome.("stay tuned") I have been told hind sight is 20/20. Look backwards and enlighten us.

Bench
Bench
Again as I said Top Tier is of ones opinion. CU is a great education and she will get to play soccer. Her dream. I was just reading yesterday the following that you can find yourself on CESA's FB page. But I will post here so you can continue to shoot down kids dreams since it must make you feel so much better about you and yours....
Furman freshman forward Jamie Alexander ( CESA 93 Girls Premier) has been named the Southern Conference’s women’s soccer player of the week for all matches Oct. 24.
FROM SOCCER AMERICA: Minnesota's Taylor Uhl joined Georgetown's Daphne Corboz and Furman's Stephanie DeVita at the top of the NCAA Division 1 women's scoring charts with 16 goals apiece.
Lexi McMullen (14 Girls ECNL), Kathryn Conn (14 Girls ECNL), Katie Colwick (14 Girls ECNL), Libby Stahlman (15 Girls ECNL), Kailey Mattison (15 Girls ECNL), Monica Coelho (16 Girls ECNL), India Kozel (16 Girls ECNL), Sarah Dooley (16 Girls ECNL) and Kelsey Yeager (16 Girls ECNL) have been invited to attend the October 22nd US Soccer Training Center sessions in Atlanta, Georgia. Good luck to the girls.
Congratulations to former CESA 91 Boys Premier player Hunter Wyer who is a Red Shirt Sophomore at the University of South Carolina. Hunter scored his first regular season goal for the Gamecock.
Congratulations to Kailey Mattison ( Under 15 Girls ECNL) who has been selected to the U.S. Under 14 Girls' National Team for their training camp in Cary, North Carolina from October 20-27, 2012. US Soccer will bring in 30 players who will participate in both training sessions and matches during the week.
Furman forward Stephanie DeVita ( CESA 93 Girls) has been named Southern Conference Women's Soccer Player of the Month for September, it was announced on Thursday.
Furman's Stephanie DeVita has been named Southern Conference Women's Soccer Player of the Week after leading the Paladins to a 1-0-1 record this past week, it was announced on Tuesday by the league office.
Kristen Baker ( CESA 93) was named America East Conference Rookie of the Week after scoring both goals in Stony Brook University's overtime win at Binghampton University.
CESA 95 Girls were the recipients of the Fair Play Award while finishing 3rd at the National Championships this summer. Congratulations.
mily Brown (CESA 90) was named player of the week for Conference of the Carolinas last week. Congratulations to Emily who is enjoying her senior year for Erskine.
The 2012 US Youth Soccer National Championships- Best 11 has been released and four CESA players were selected after standout performances during the National Championship event held in Rock Hill, SC. This is quite an honor for the players as only 11 players were selected in each participating age group at the USYSA National Championships. Congratulations to Eric Bykowsky ( 95 Boys), Meaghan Carrigan ( 94 Girls), Savannah McCaskill (95 Girls) and Tahirih Nesmith (94 Girls).

I could continue to post, these might NOT be top tier schools in your mind but it is where these kids have chosen to go and play and they are doing pretty good even if they did not get the so called "good training" you are claiming CESA does not have. If you would like to read more CESA has a FB page that they post all player accomplishments on.... Oh and by the way one of these kids mentioned happens to belong to me, she is that good....

Last edited by 1forteam; 10/31/12 12:53 PM.
C
Throw In
Throw In
C
Quote:

wow how low can you all go?.....taking pot-shots at a kid's dream to play college ball at CU.
why so bitter?
hopefully, these hate comments aren't coming from parents.

Where is the pot shot? There is none. Great if she wants to go to Clemson.

The point is 1for has been stating how they are wanting to be the best and part of it.

That's the point. You do all that and settle for a program that is down.

Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard