Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
Cajunkid #159842 10/31/12 01:14 PM
Bench
Bench
Quote:

Quote:

wow how low can you all go?.....taking pot-shots at a kid's dream to play college ball at CU.
why so bitter?
hopefully, these hate comments aren't coming from parents.

Where is the pot shot? There is none. Great if she wants to go to Clemson.

The point is 1for has been stating how they are wanting to be the best and part of it.

That's the point. You do all that and settle for a program that is down.

Do all of what??? You act like CESA parents go to the moon in a space shuttle for their kids to play ball. Just incase you didn't know, we don't. Our fees are normal compared to others in the area, we travel as much as any other club in the state. I am not sure what the big deal is. My daughter is getting great training and we are very happy with what CESA has to offer. I am not sure why there is so much animosity towards our club and what we do for our children.

And it is a pot-shot when you down a child's dream because it does not fit into what your opinion of "Top-Tier" is....
Tell me cajunkid about your club and its accomplishments and where you are with your soccer career....

1forteam #159843 10/31/12 01:15 PM
I
goal
goal
I
My points are simple. Playing for CESA will not get your kid any choice, for college. It MAY get the one she wants, they ARE two different things.

My next point is you are just blowing smoke,... I will save the rest of that line, so the kids can read this.

At the current time CESA is the best program in SC. They are the big fish in the little pond. I am not bashing them. You have bought the company "line", hook, line and sinker. Okay - good for you, good for your daughter, good for CESA. So, in the future your kid makes the Clemson team good for her. Good for them, we WILL have to wait and see.

1forteam #159844 10/31/12 01:27 PM
C
Throw In
Throw In
C
Read the Post carefully!

I never used the term "Top Tier".

Cajunkid #159845 10/31/12 01:44 PM
H
brace
OP Offline
brace
H
I love this thread.
For the one whos kid is a 98 or 99 year. Your fees may be normal compaired to other clubs in the state and you travel just the same for now. Just wait. In the end you will not get what you pay for unless something changes down there. Cost and travel will go up.

Hard Headed #159846 10/31/12 02:17 PM
R
corner kick
corner kick
R
1forteam, I actually believe that some of these posters are actually trying to warn you or at least encourage you to keep your eyes and ears wide open! Some of these posters are in fact past AND present CESA members.

It is well known that the majority of CESA top teams are recruited and not necessarily developed. What I ask, will come of your daughters 'guaranteed' scholarship once the powers that be recruit your daughters replacement?

Do your homework and protect your daughter. I personally hope the above never happens to your family and we do indeed get to see your daughter play for Clemson one day.

1forteam #159847 10/31/12 02:25 PM
B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

wow how low can you all go?.....taking pot-shots at a kid's dream to play college ball at CU.
why so bitter?
hopefully, these hate comments aren't coming from parents.

Where is the pot shot? There is none. Great if she wants to go to Clemson.

The point is 1for has been stating how they are wanting to be the best and part of it.

That's the point. You do all that and settle for a program that is down.

Do all of what??? You act like CESA parents go to the moon in a space shuttle for their kids to play ball. Just incase you didn't know, we don't. Our fees are normal compared to others in the area, we travel as much as any other club in the state. I am not sure what the big deal is. My daughter is getting great training and we are very happy with what CESA has to offer. I am not sure why there is so much animosity towards our club and what we do for our children.

And it is a pot-shot when you down a child's dream because it does not fit into what your opinion of "Top-Tier" is....
Tell me cajunkid about your club and its accomplishments and where you are with your soccer career....

Lady, how long have you been associated with CESA?

If you live in the Upstate and know people or have your own kids involved with that club, you will know why, for some there are feelings other than "all love for CESA".

Yes, they are the best Club in the State. Are they developing and training to get to that level? Or are they recruiting? That debate has been on this Board for years.

Do they have good customer service? That debate has been on this Board for years.

Are they arrogant? That debate has been on this Board for years.

Things were a lot different for the consumer, when we had 2 good Clubs in the Upstate. St. Giles and GFC offered good soccer, good service and competitive pricing.

Bomber #159848 10/31/12 02:45 PM
L
Goal
Goal
L
1forteam-
Congrats to your daughter for being recruited by CU and wish her all the best!
It’s a great school for many reasons beyond soccer.
Many of the bashers would love nothing more than to have their kid play at CU.
Don’t let the haters pull you down.

Bomber #159849 10/31/12 02:51 PM
B
brace
brace
B
Anyone who sends their kid to college for the soccer program, rather than the educational and other benefits, is an idiot.
Why?
1) Because the vast, VAST majority of college soccer players will never make a dime playing professionally.
2) Because injury/illness/coach's decision can effectively end a playing career at any moment.
3) Because coaches and schools part company on a regular basis, and when the one who recruited you leaves, what THEN?
Shall I continue?
Finally, for the fool who quoted records in denigrating a specific program, records come and records go. Great athletes, real difference-makers, change the culture and change the record.
And that process generally start with one coach and one kid.

B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
Amazing when a differing opinion from the "Love CESA" crowd is offered, one is labeled a "basher" or "hater".

What happened to Free Speech?

Bomber #159851 10/31/12 02:57 PM
Bench
Bench
I appreciate everyone's concern. It is interesting to me that the common theme is that CESA is not good. I also find it interesting that many people who are the nay sayers has either been a part of CESA (per the poster above) or is a current part. As a parent of several kids, one who plays for another soccer club that we love as well for other reasons, I have realized that CESA is not for everyone. Different needs for different kids. One of my girls plays well under what CESA has to offer and the other would never flourish under them. One is very driven and the other enjoys soccer for fun and for the social aspect of it, we have her where she gets what she needs and we enjoy it very much.
I think it is sad that so many of you have been debating these issues for so long, has it changed anything? Will it ever? Are you debating because your kids did not flourish under them and get in that top tier school like UNC, ND or Stanford? I think we should all take a look at our expectations of the club and our children, maybe your child is not cut out to be a top tier soccer player and they turned out to be the best they can be and there is nothing wrong with that. We should all be proud that we can give our children all that they have, and that our children are great athletes that play an incredible sport.

Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard